Home Cigar 101

cigar flavors

big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
hi, i'm still very new to cigars, i was wondering whats a good cigar with lots of flavors and maybe a medium strength. I've yet to find one that blows my mind

Comments

• JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    In my experience, you just have to keep trying until you find one you like. When I first started trying maduros I noticed a ton of new flavors, maybe give some of those a shot? I'll recommend a Gurkha Black Dragon.
    Light 'em up.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    LFD Airbender
    JdN Celebration
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Carlos Torano Exodus 50 Years
    Vudu
    Man O War Puro Authentico
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Gurkha Centurion
    and as Kuzi said the Airbender is very flavorful
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    +1 w/ Kuzi on the LFD Airbender...great smoke. Also +1 w/ Western on the Gurkha Centurian...great smoke as well. To add to it...try a Don Lino Africa. Very tasty...good medium cigar.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Cain Daytona is quite flavorful.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    im gonna try the Daytona tonight, I've had one in my humi, for a few months now, i got it as part of my cigar of the month sticks
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I would say La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte (LHCOF) is a very flavorful medium bodied stick (maybe medium-full). Very affordable too.

I have a Daytona in the humi too - haven't had one yet - probably give it a little more time in the humi before I spark it. Let us know what you think about it.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I would definitely consider the LHCOF and Puro Authentico to both be full bodied cigars. Maybe not as full as The Punisher, or Cain F, but in the grand scheme of cigars... they are definitely full bodied cigars, and full strength as well. Maybe not the best options for a new smoker.

As for medium body, and tons of flavor, definitely recommend the Epernay!
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    I would definitely consider the LHCOF and Puro Authentico to both be full bodied cigars. Maybe not as full as The Punisher, or Cain F, but in the grand scheme of cigars... they are definitely full bodied cigars, and full strength as well. Maybe not the best options for a new smoker.

As for medium body, and tons of flavor, definitely recommend the Epernay!
    +1 on the LHCOF and MOW Puro Authentico! They are both very tasty sticks. From my experience with sharing the Puro Authentico with others, it can be a little strong for some. Another very flavorful, medium-full bodied stick that comes to mind is the Gurkha Triple Ligero!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    For lots of flavors I love the Oliva Serie G Maduro and La Aurora 107. The MOW Ruination is also very flavorful to me, but it's not exactly medium body, either.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    well i tried the cain daytona, i really liked the flavors, i cant really pick them apart yet, but i really enjoyed the cigar
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I still say LHCOF is a between medium and full (and closer to medium than full), and I'm admittedly a wuss!

Not that this is necesarilly a mind-blower or anything, but still a very nice medium and extremely afordable stick is the Gran Habano Vintage. Very tasty - nice hints of cinnamon and oak with very little spice to it.
  • I got five of the Gran Habano Vintage 2002's in a sampler and have smoked three of them. I'll give the others to my neighbor. Flavor was ok, but I had so much trouble keeping them lit, and burning somewhat remotely even, that it wasn't worth the trouble.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JCizzle:
    In my experience, you just have to keep trying until you find one you like. When I first started trying maduros I noticed a ton of new flavors, maybe give some of those a shot? I'll recommend a Gurkha Black Dragon.
    +1

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    GlockSmoker:
    I got five of the Gran Habano Vintage 2002's in a sampler and have smoked three of them. I'll give the others to my neighbor. Flavor was ok, but I had so much trouble keeping them lit, and burning somewhat remotely even, that it wasn't worth the trouble.
    These are really vitola dependent - the robusto's are good, the churchills not