Home Cigar 101

Humi "space"...........

KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
My humi is a "125 count"....... uh...................not quite..........

So, how full can you pack them? Is 3 deep layering too much?

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Old thread you might like: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/118184.aspx

More or less, they typically hold 1/2 - 3/4 of what the manuf. claims, since the "count" is measured in corona's
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    yeah - I figured that must have been the case
    thanks for the link
    I got 23 coming Tuesday, which is gonna push my storage - but should be good

however, the weekend blitz is making my mouse finger twitch....................
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    yeah - I figured that must have been the case
    thanks for the link
    I got 23 coming Tuesday, which is gonna push my storage - but should be good

however, the weekend blitz is making my mouse finger twitch....................
    Any sticks you want to give away to make more room would be greatly accepted by....ME! Just a thought.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    Is 3 deep layering too much?

my big humidor has an area where they are 6 deep.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    The deepest I've managed in mine is 5 deep. It's like the world's most amazing game of Tetris in my humidor.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    thanks kuzi/skweekz - just wanted to be sure 3 or 4 stacked wasn't going to cause any issues.

Now I'm sure the 23 coming Tues will not be a problem - might even be able to squeeze a few more in there, especially if smoke 6 this weekend

Surprisingly, I was able to resist the Weekend Blitz - if it had free shipping - I might have caved in - for some reason I don't want to pay for shipping when buying cigars...........weird.

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    .. I believe if the lid closes completely, your good. At one time I had to stack one humidor on top of another in order to close it. That was the sign that I needed a bigger humidor.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    thanks kuzi/skweekz - just wanted to be sure 3 or 4 stacked wasn't going to cause any issues.

Now I'm sure the 23 coming Tues will not be a problem - might even be able to squeeze a few more in there, especially if smoke 6 this weekend

Surprisingly, I was able to resist the Weekend Blitz - if it had free shipping - I might have caved in - for some reason I don't want to pay for shipping when buying cigars...........weird.

If you called or emailed Tim or one of the other reps, I bet you could get the weekend blitz with free shipping. Just sayin'.

And thanks for the new tagline Skweelz, I literally choked on the water I was drinking when I read that, lol.