Home General Discussion
Options

My fathers day smoke

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Decided for this fathers day, I'm gonna lite up a My Father Le Bijou 1922. Pairing it with some old no.7 single barrel.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Father's Day I enjoyed a Davidoff Millenium which was part of a sampler gifted to me by our son at Christmastime. What a great stick!

I only wish I could afford 'em as my everyday smoke. Of course, it had about 6 months of humi-time on it so that probably made it even better.

I paired it with my everyday sour mash - a double, on the rocks. Had a bad experience with single-barrel bourbons once so I don't do them anymore. I'll just stick with good ol' Evan Williams. It's cheap and tastes every bit as good as JD any day.

Marty

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    happy fathers day men, if i were a dad thatda be one of my choices, but i know 1 i will have on the 4th will be a cao america from last years buy for the 4th , i think i have 2 left, 1 for this year and next , was that evan green or black?
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I sat on the deck after a great beef roast and had a MOW Puro with a whiskey sour. The sour really had a great affect on my taste buds after I had a puff on the stick. I was curious on how this mixed srink would pair with the Puro but I think I will have to do it again in the future.

Rob
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I started the day with a Diesel Shorty, my first. Then we grilled a couple of 1 1/4" thick, 2lb porterhouses and ate, followed that with a Pryme Churchill. Capped the evening off with a Camacho Liberty '02. And throughout all this, we have been having a Star Wars marathon. It has been an excellent day.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    I am closing fathers day with my one and only 'dirty rat' from the xmas sampler...so it has 7 months of rest on it...really nice...while I can't describe the flavours like some "The finely grained habano capa has a very fine tooth to it, and has scents of anise, apricots, cumin, garlic, ginger, mahogany, nutmeg, persimmons, sea salt, and tarragon; and tastes faintly of cinnamon, cumin, dill, ground white peppercorns, mocha, saffron, and sea salt. The toasted foot smells of butter cream, cinnamon, cocoa, curry powder, ground ginger root, mocha, pomegranates, thyme, and white chocolate."...but then again I do like it, it is serving the my purposes for tonight...so that is what I want, and I am receiving it!!!! Enjoy the day, or whatever is left of it, wherever you might be!
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    was that evan green or black?

It was the Black Label. I like it pretty well for an everyday drink or three.

Marty

• Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I started off with a MoW Puro Authentico while I manned the grill. After dinner, relaxed with an ISOM Punch, and capped off the night with a CAO Tony Soprano edition. It was a fantastic father's day all around, and the cigars made it absolutely perfect!
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I smoked the El Triunfador Orginal blend and a Tat Verocu 5 while sitting by the firepit after my grilled tri-tip dinner. excellent
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Decided for this fathers day, I'm gonna lite up a My Father Le Bijou 1922. Pairing it with some old no.7 single barrel.
    I went with the My Father, sat out back and reflected on my joys of being a father and the memories that I have of my father. The Le Bijiou 1922 is in my top 5 so I hope you really enjoyed it Krieg.
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    It was a Cohiba Red Dot Churchill for me. Excellent smoke. I reviewed it here, btw. I think I had as much fun reviewing it as I did smoking it!

Beware the "Cohiba Monster!"

JDE
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    Krieg:
    I went with the My Father, sat out back and reflected on my joys of being a father and the memories that I have of my father. The Le Bijiou 1922 is in my top 5 so I hope you really enjoyed it Krieg.
    I did. I love those sticks. I was very happy when my cbar started carrying them. Smoking it on Father's Day made even better, imo.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    skweekz:
    I started off with a MoW Puro Authentico while I manned the grill. After dinner, relaxed with an ISOM Punch, and capped off the night with a CAO Tony Soprano edition. It was a fantastic father's day all around, and the cigars made it absolutely perfect!
    love the authentico, hard to imagine so much flavor in such a small package, lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Nice, love that single barrel! If you haven't seen this already, well...I apologize for showing it to you, but you have to see it.

Pick and buy a barrel of Single Barre

^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    Krieg:
    Nice, love that single barrel! If you haven't seen this already, well...I apologize for showing it to you, but you have to see it.

Pick and buy a barrel of Single Barre

I told my wife...it was only 10k..lol

"Long ashes my friends."