Home Non Cigar Related

R.I.P. Ryan Dunn

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
Shoved a toy car up his a$$ once upon a time......funny man, or at least stupid enough the rest of us didnt have to be. Sail On Ryan, Sail On.

Comments

• kevster77kevster77 Posts: 68
    damn shame, just watched jackass 3.5 yesterday too.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    sad.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    How?
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    mfotis:
    How?
    Iron poisoning from a car up da butt... Actually car wreck. Small bit of irony?
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Well, that sucks
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    This sucks. He along with Knoxville and Pontius were my favs. RIP Ryan!
  • GentlemanGentleman Posts: 152
    Really sucks to hear this. A lot of the jackass crew seem like insane d-bags but I always felt Dunn was a more down to earth guy. I wonder what will happen to his show that was supposed to air on G4
    They put a stop on the show for now, they said they are going to consider airing it at a later time but it's unkown what they'll do for sure. The premiere only had 31K viewers so it was already in jeopardy. Hopefully they'll atleast release it on dvd.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    All those crazy assed stunts and he dies in a car crash. Just goes to show, it can happen to anyone at any given time. He will be missed.

May you rest in peace, you crazy S.O.B.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Damn...I hadn't heard about this till now. That's a damn shame.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi....Im Ryan Dunn....and this is get loaded and ill yourself and a buddy in a car crash.

Probably too soon, but I read it on CNN blogs and did chuckle a bit
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Hard to believe steve-o wasn't the first.
    If they hadn't done an intervention on him back in 08 Steve-O would have been the first. They truly saved his life
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Friends don't let Jackasses drink and drive
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    madurofan:
    Friends don't let Jackasses drink and drive

+1
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These guys are all insane and sick but everything they did made the multi-millionaires so I guess they did something right.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I don't know much when it comes to pop culture, but I've heard on more than one occasion that they made relatively little from Jackass. I think Bam and Knoxville made a little, maybe Dunn too, but not anywhere near millions. The other guys made squat. Like a couple hundred bucks a stunt. It's my understanding that mtv is notorious for paying very, very little.
    jsnake:
    These guys are all insane and sick but everything they did made the multi-millionaires so I guess they did something right.
    Not going after you snake, but this comment (which I have heard from many people in different issues made me think)......Isnt it a sad day, or maybe a sign of the times in this country when just because someone is a millionaire they are "doing something right" or "smart" or the like?

It seems our value judgements or statements of people are on the bottom line or how much they earn. A teach is ok, a social worker is ok, a wal mart worker is the butt of a joke....but a guy who makes a ton of tough being stupid or running a profitable business is to be admired. Helping your fellow man and a job with "honor" seems to have gone out the window, save for perhaps the military---who arent paid $hit anyway.
    Russ55:
    I don't know much when it comes to pop culture, but I've heard on more than one occasion that they made relatively little from Jackass. I think Bam and Knoxville made a little, maybe Dunn too, but not anywhere near millions. The other guys made squat. Like a couple hundred bucks a stunt. It's my understanding that mtv is notorious for paying very, very little.
    Probably because you could have found 3 million similar aged and similar minded d*uche whistles to do the same job and the same movie for peanuts as well.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    I don't know, the first and second Jackass movies grossed like $50-$60 million each at the box office alone, and it's not like they cost much to make, so I'm sure they cleared plenty. And Jackass 3 did something similar in the first week alone. This doesn't even account for DVD sales, cable royalties etc. Even if MTV didn't pay them much for the shows early on, I have a feeling they all did just fine from the movies.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    jsnake:
    Not going after you snake, but this comment (which I have heard from many people in different issues made me think)......Isnt it a sad day, or maybe a sign of the times in this country when just because someone is a millionaire they are "doing something right" or "smart" or the like?

It seems our value judgements or statements of people are on the bottom line or how much they earn. A teach is ok, a social worker is ok, a wal mart worker is the butt of a joke....but a guy who makes a ton of tough being stupid or running a profitable business is to be admired. Helping your fellow man and a job with "honor" seems to have gone out the window, save for perhaps the military---who arent paid $hit anyway.
    Just my $.02, but not every job is a job of "honor." They are entertainers and within the context of their field they did do something right: they sold a lot of movie tickets.
    Light 'em up.
    I see your point Cizzle, and I agree----that is their job to attract people to the movie, and they did it right. I just have a hard time praising (to certain degrees) what they do for a living and the money they make vs what a fireman does and what he makes. For a lot less fanfare and "success"
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    he made enough to buy a 911 GT3, which ain't cheap and Bam rolls a Lambo so I doubt they made peanuts. keep in mind that they invented this stuff with the CKY videos.
  • klgoldmanklgoldman Posts: 176
    Vulchor:
    I see your point Cizzle, and I agree----that is their job to attract people to the movie, and they did it right. I just have a hard time praising (to certain degrees) what they do for a living and the money they make vs what a fireman does and what he makes. For a lot less fanfare and "success"
    This can be true for anyone in the entertainment industry though. They can all be considered over paid and over praised when compared to the contributions to society a person in the public service industry makes.
    Vulchor:
    Very true.
    Light 'em up.
  • Not that I wanted him to die or anything, but I don't mourn people that get drunk and then take a joyride at 130mph. If he hit another car and took out an innocent family, then that would have been sad.
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    As a tribute Im going to mountain bike in a g-string this weekend.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    leonard:
    Hot. Maybe Joe can take pics.
    Russ55:
    leonard:
    Hot. Maybe Joe can take pics.
    Man o man, Leonard in a g-string biking, Joe won't be able to keep his hands to himself!
    Unthought_Known:
    Not that I wanted him to die or anything, but I don't mourn people that get drunk and then take a joyride at 130mph. If he hit another car and took out an innocent family, then that would have been sad.
    He took out the passenger in his car, too.
    Light 'em up.