DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
San Cristobal de la Habana Muralla
Origin: Cuba Manufactured: Hand Made
Gauge: Thick Length: 180
Format: Rodolfo Ring: 54
EMA, Nov 07
Smoke time, 1.5 hours

Construction/Appearance

Monster of a cigar, magnificent looking, well packed, no soft spots, perfect draw with slight resistance,
brown wrapper, minimal veins

Pre draw

Pre draw is sweet with hints of honey

14/15

Draw/Burn/Ash/Amount of smoke

The draw is perfect for me, has a slight resistance but not loose, burn throughout was sharp, needed a slight touch up in 2nd third, ash was solid with a nice gray colour, large volumes of thick clouds of smoke that coats the palette for a long finish

29/30

1/3
Mouthfuls and clouds of smoke coats the palette for a long finish, in the first third getting nice earthy flavours with sweet undertones, medium in body and a nice nutty flavour starts to develop with slight pepper on the lips. I am sensing a slight caramel flavour that wants to come out but does not. Nice even burn no touch ups required, solid gray ash dropped almost at the end of the first third, smooth as silk.

2/3
A nice rich chocolate starts to develop and the caramel is coming back but doesn't last, nice pepper on the lips again, comes in and out, nice and oily on the lips now and comes back to earthy and woody tones. 2nd third required a couple of touch ups due to a breeze.

3/3
Chocolate flavours starting to come back, getting in to a medium full body in the final third. Pepper is still coming in and out in the final third and moves back in to earthy and woody flavours with a nutty undertone and finishes with nutty tones.

41/45

This is a very enjoyable cigar, some very nice earthy and woody flavours with some sweetness and nuttiness with a little chocolate thrown in. I really enjoyed the pepper coming in and out. Draw was absolutely perfect producing large volumes of smoke. This cigar left me wishing I could have relaxed even deeper in to my chair and fired another one up right behind it, to me that is the mark of an excellent cigar. Sadly this rodolfo is being discontinued.

8/10

OVERALL 92

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    My favorite Cuban cigar of all time. The Muralla is an absolutely awesome stick. I'm truly jealous. enjoy those, they are worth it.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Dang Steve between the pics and the writeup my mouth was watering....lol oh and I'm curious is there any cigar that you don't have a box or 2 of?
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    ENFIDL:
    Dang Steve between the pics and the writeup my mouth was watering....
    Mine too!

JDE

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Great review. Shame these got cut.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Upon a second look that cup looks awfully familiar :) lol
  • MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    Great review!!! You drew me in and let me yearning for a taste. For the record, no one likes you. :)

Having access to a plethora of great sticks and flaunting them like candy to the dreams of many; is just wrong on so many levels. Grr!!!

Oh, BTW, the office was to large a complaint on the daily hottie...they believe that the last three chicks have fallen below standards. Don't hate the messenger..