Home General Discussion

cigar bar age requirement in CA?

Silly question here...but i want to make my brother to a new local cigar n wine bar, the little rascal is only 20. Anyone know the age limit in California for cigar n wine bars?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Probably 21.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Tough call - 18 to smoke, 21 to drink. As long as he doesn't drink, my guess is he should be good to go. I would call ahead of time first though.
  • It's 21 if they serve alcohol, which I'm sure they do there. Whether or not they card, who knows.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    iduno... just call em up and ask.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    come to New Orleans.
  • he cant be in any area that alcohol is present, they have to separate areas to drink/smoke and just smoke. I know because i have had trouble with this issue.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Christian_Sapp:
    he cant be in any area that alcohol is present, they have to separate areas to drink/smoke and just smoke. I know because i have had trouble with this issue.
    This. My regular lounge (that Christian is referring to) has a wine bar in the back, and the main smoking area in the front. You can be 18 in the smoking area, but cannot go back in to the wine bar area. Also, you cannot bring alcohol into the main smoking area (but you *can* smoke in the wine bar)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Hays:
    Christian_Sapp:
    he cant be in any area that alcohol is present, they have to separate areas to drink/smoke and just smoke. I know because i have had trouble with this issue.
    This. My regular lounge (that Christian is referring to) has a wine bar in the back, and the main smoking area in the front. You can be 18 in the smoking area, but cannot go back in to the wine bar area. Also, you cannot bring alcohol into the main smoking area (but you *can* smoke in the wine bar)
    this is also true for one in walnut creek, but in the one in walnut creek if someone decides to sit in the non-alcoholic section of the lounge they are allowed to but if someone was sitting there before who is under 21 the person under 21 must leave.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    come to New Orleans.
    If they can see over the bar they'll serve em.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Hard to say. All the places around here don't serve booze so it's 18. But I've been to two places in San Diego that have humidors, bars and allow smoking, one was 18 as long as you aren't sitting at the bar and the other was 21 all the way. Best bet is to call.