Home General Discussion

Totally getting sold on coronas

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
Since I haven't been into cigars for too long, I haven't had many in the corona vitola. I've recently had the MoW Puro Authentico, J Fuego 777 maduro, and right now a MoW original corona. I'm totally sold on this size. Can anyone recommend so other sticks that are great in the corona size?

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'm about to go out now and have an Ashton VSG in the corona gorda size. I really like that one. The SCCC #4 is another one I like too.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    The Armada to me was great in that size along with the AJ Sampler and Illusione MK Corona. There's a ton but these stuck with me.
  • klgoldmanklgoldman Posts: 176
    A big +1 on the Illusione MK
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    La Vieja Habana Corojo, Don Carlos, Cain Daytona
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Big thumbs up for the Leon Jimenes 300 Series coronas I just got in.

+1 on the Cain Daytona #4.
  • MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    RCY Cigars:
    The Armada to me was great in that size along with the AJ Sampler and Illusione MK Corona. There's a ton but these stuck with me.
    +1 two of my favorites, both a weekly go to stick.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Call in and see if you can still get that AJ corona sampler. I love just about everything in that sampler, esp the MOW original, Virtue and Ruination, Diesel original and Unlimited, and LHCOF. I so wish they would put these into regular production.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    OpusX #4 best size for that cigar
    MoW Armada is better in the corona
    Davidoff Millennium ed in the Petite Corona is great.
    Cain Daytona #4 is a good size for that blend
    5 vegas anomaly is one of the first coronas i have had.
    Don Carlos #3 is one of the better in that line as well.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Def. Illusione and Illusione Epernay in corona. I like the Ccom blends in their corona size too.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    CCOM House Blends, Cain Daytona, MOW PA
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Don Carlos No.3 (best size in the line, IMO), Tatuaje Noella (best size in the line IMO), Opus Perfexcion No. 4 (one of the best sizes in the line), Illusione MK (best size in the line), EP Carrillo New Wave Connecticut Stellas, Liga Privada Unicos Dirty Rat, Padron 1964 Anny Principe, JdN Antano Dark Corojo Peligroso, Guillermo Leon Signature Corona, La Aurora 107 Corona, Cain Daytona No.4, Camacho Corojo Nacionales, Davidoff Grand Cru No.2 and No. 3... I'm a big fan of the corona and petite corona format. Hell, even the tres petite corona/half corona/minuto format.

Coronas Gorda are also awesome, like the Tatuaje Havana VI Generosos, and 7th, Opus X Fuente Fuente, and the Ashton VSG Corona Gorda.

And then if you want to get into ISOM stuff, Cohiba Siglo II, Diplomaticos No. 4, Por Larranaga Petite Corona, Trinidad Coloniales, Bolivar Coronas Extra, Montecristo No. 4 (but only when they are on), Partagas Petite Coronas Especiales, Partagas Shorts (half coronas), Trinidad Reyes (half corona), and a handful of others.

The corona family might be my favorite vitola, generally, though I love lanceros/long panetelas, and dalias as well.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I have to admit I've been feeling the same way since I smoked my first Man O war original in corona size. I bought a full box of MOW and the JdN Antano Dark Corojo in corona and peligroso size to age just on a whim & fell in love with the size. I have 2 full humis of robustos of various blends which I still enjoy, but since that experience I'm filling a new humidor with corona sizes. So delicious when you get a wrapper you enjoy.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Wonder if we are seeing a birth of a new trend...goodbye 6x60s...hello corrrrrrrrrooooona!

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    Wonder if we are seeing a birth of a new trend...goodbye 6x60s...hello corrrrrrrrrooooona!
    Man, I hope so. Actually I don't care if the 6x60s go away - if there are BOTLs that prefer 6x60, more power to them. I just want more lines available in corona!

Alex??? See this thread?? AJ coronas in regular production?? *cough*cough*hint*hint*
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I love the corona vitola for the way wrapper really shines through. However, I'm finding that when I get to the end of it I'm not satisfied, I want more cigar. Its just not enough cigar for me, that won't stop me from enjoying them from time to time but it hasn't unseated the lancero as my favorite vitola.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I love larger rg as and am finally starting to appreciate a smaller rg.
    I still love me some 60rg though llike the Perdomo Habano Connie, and the Oliva Connie. Great in the 60rg.

The only thing I want in a smaller rg is that it has to be at least a 6x?? I feel ripped off when I get a smoke and it's shorter than 6"

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    And that's why lonsdales are so fantastic!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    And that's why lonsdales are so fantastic!
    thats my favorite vitola.

and when i blended my own cigar i had it made for me in a 6.75 x 46
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Bump. Has anyone tried the Kristoff maduro in it's corona size?
    y2pascoe:
    I have not but I'm interested in it now, thanks just what I need ANOTHER cigar to try ....
  • MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    Heavy:
    Krieg:
    Man, I hope so. Actually I don't care if the 6x60s go away - if there are BOTLs that prefer 6x60, more power to them. I just want more lines available in corona!

Alex??? See this thread?? AJ coronas in regular production?? *cough*cough*hint*hint*
    +1000, hate, (yes, a very strong word) 60 ring size.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I love man o war puro authentico. I smoke at least a box a week if not two. It is like crack rock. For me best corona out there. I also used to like Cusano c10 corona but they haven't made those in years. Still have a box left. We are out of AJ corona samplers but more will be in in 6 weeks. We also ordered diesel and ruination in corona size for sale by themselves. May not be available online but phone only. Depends on how many we get but it will be very reasonable. That is our goal. While we were at it we bought some diesel 6 x 60 maduro blend in the same format. Can't wait to see if AJ makes good on my order!
    Alex Svenson:
    I love man o war puro authentico. I smoke at least a box a week if not two. It is like crack rock. For me best corona out there. I also used to like Cusano c10 corona but they haven't made those in years. Still have a box left. We are out of AJ corona samplers but more will be in in 6 weeks. We also ordered diesel and ruination in corona size for sale by themselves. May not be available online but phone only. Depends on how many we get but it will be very reasonable. That is our goal. While we were at it we bought some diesel 6 x 60 maduro blend in the same format. Can't wait to see if AJ makes good on my order!
    I just ordered some of the puro authenticos, looking forward to them. The C10's were bad @ss smokes, I bought a box of the crown coronas a few years back and tim threw in some robustos. I just smoked the last one the other day, it was the poor mans Davidoff with a little more body.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Diesel Coronas!!!! Holy Crap that has me pumped, I hope AJ comes thru for CCOM with that order. I am pumped to get a box or 2 of those. Seriously!Can't!Wait!
    Alex Svenson:
    That is freakin awesome news! Question for you: I know you've said in the past that you guys don't carry lots of lines in the corona vitola (or the manufacturers just don't produce them) because they don't sell very well. If these sell well, do you think that would change in the future?
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Any coronas by AJ is a safe bet. I too am addicted to Puro Authenticos like a west side hype.....

My 3 other non-AJ favorites in corona are the Casa Magna Colorado Petite Corona, Padron Delicias Maduro and Tat 7th Reserva in the 5 5/8 x 46 size.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • madurofan:
    y2pascoe:
    I have not but I'm interested in it now, thanks just what I need ANOTHER cigar to try ....
    I tried the kristoff ligero maddie in corona size recently.. I enjoyed it but I felt like it could have been a bit smoother. I should've let it rest longer but I was too curious. Gonna give it another go sometime.