Home Cigar 101

Keeping the nub lit

d-robd-rob Posts: 61
I've noticed as I get to the last quarter of my stick I sometimes have are hard time keeping it lit. This seems to happen with cigars with a tougher draw. Any suggestions I would like to keep relights to a minimum. Thanks

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I've had this... I turned to paying more attention... and not to paying attention to the cigar more, but on some sticks I noticed that at the end they tend to get harsher, so mentally I'd slow down my smoking, that would make it go out.

Or I'd try to force the cigar to the NUB because I thought only if I nubbed it was it a good cigar, then I realized that the time to put down a cigar is if you stop enjoying it, not if it's less than an inch..

I also, now, tend to purge more... When the cigar gets a little harsh I tend to blow out of the cigar more, one to expel stale smoke, but it also heats up the cherry to help keep it lit, just don't puff on it too soon after a big purge (you can also try another method, Kuzi said he mini-purges before each puff, so that can make it less harsh/keep it lit at the same time)
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Lasabar:
    I've had this... I turned to paying more attention... and not to paying attention to the cigar more, but on some sticks I noticed that at the end they tend to get harsher, so mentally I'd slow down my smoking, that would make it go out.

Or I'd try to force the cigar to the NUB because I thought only if I nubbed it was it a good cigar, then I realized that the time to put down a cigar is if you stop enjoying it, not if it's less than an inch..

I also, now, tend to purge more... When the cigar gets a little harsh I tend to blow out of the cigar more, one to expel stale smoke, but it also heats up the cherry to help keep it lit, just don't puff on it too soon after a big purge (you can also try another method, Kuzi said he mini-purges before each puff, so that can make it less harsh/keep it lit at the same time)
    Woah you made a post and it's all serious?! Somebody needs their miller lite stat!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Someone hacked my account
    Thank God! I was worried, I was about to call the po-po to get a welfare check done on you
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    Lasabar:

Woah you made a post and it's all serious?! Somebody needs their miller lite stat!
    I was going to say the same thing but you beat me to it. I feel the need to make some off hand remarks just balance out the universe.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Goldy:
    ENFIDL:
    Lasabar:

I was going to say the same thing but you beat me to it. I feel the need to make some off hand remarks just balance out the universe.
    He did it in another thread under the General tab too! Seriously fellas, Im worried about our clown prince...

The Sniper:
    Goldy:
    ENFIDL:
    Lasabar:

He did it in another thread under the General tab too! Seriously fellas, Im worried about our clown prince...

Fellas lets stage an intervention! I'll bring the miller lite!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I think it's because we all try to keep the ash on for the entire length of the cigar. I had a Cameroon yesterday and once the ash fell , the draw improved considerably