Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Graycliff 1666

ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
So, I'm sitting on my porch smoking a Graycliff 1666 that the UPS man just brought. I was gonna let them rest in the humidor for a while, but I couldn't resist.

Prelight aroma was very nice, a bit of the fresh cigar smell I like. Wrapper seems very thick, with a rather velvety texture. Construction is solid. Overall impression before lighting is pretty good.

It lit quickly. At first it was a little uneven, probably from me being in a hurry to get it going. It evened out pretty quickly though.

Draw is good, with just enough resistance. Plenty of smoke.

Flavor started out a little sweet. Then became a little spicy. A lot of tobacco flavor. I think I detect some leather.

The burn is pretty even and rather slow. It's been burning for about 50 minutes and I still have a couple inches left. I expected a quick smoke from this size, 4.5"x44.

This cigar is definitely a bit stronger than what I'm used to. I'm feeling it a little in my head, but it’s not unpleasant. I look forward to sitting down with the Robusto or Torpedo in a few days. This is my first Graycliff, but it won't be my last.

Comments

• Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I'm done with the cigar now. Total burn time was 83 minutes. Quite a bit longer than I was expecting from this size. I burned it down to less than an inch before it got too hot.

The last 1/3 had a noticable wood (campfire?) presence. Towards the end there was another distinct flavor/aroma that I could almost, but not quite, place. It was rather pleasant, vaguely sweet, but I couldn't quite name what it was.
  • Options
    ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    I was contemplating whether or not to pull the trigger, this will now go on the "to-try" list. :)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The only Graycliff I have tried was from a " Legends" series house brand that was given to me by a fellow smoker. I found the brand enjoyable but never spent the higher price on the true label. If I find singles somewhere I may pick out a few to sample.
  • Options
    pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    Nice review Scrambler, Thanks!