Home Ratings & Reviews

La Flor Dominicana’s Double Ligero chiselito

TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
I really like the Coronado and the L300. Just picked up the chiselito on CBID in the Maduro wrapper and one with the Sumatra-seed Ecuadorian wrapper. Didn't think I would get the bid, but heard they were flavor full and pretty strong and I was intriqued. Anybody have any comments?

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    They are an awesome smoke! That is one of my favorites that I try to keep on hand, however I'm out of them right now. I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Thanks Puro - That's just what I wanted to hear! :)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    double ligero? yeah... a bit strong. but since its a bit smaller than the chisel, it shouldnt put you down.

i hear Rush likes to give the Chisels out while golfing to non cigar smokers. gets em buzzing. messes with their game. HA!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I had the maduro at the cigar shop this afternoon, I have to say I enjoyed the 500 nat much more. Of which is on my list of boxes to buy
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    No shops in my area to smoke at , this would really come in handy in the winter months
    kind of nice, first time smoking the cigar bar. it's a ways from my house but the lady wanted to buy some clothes so I was dropped off. wish I had one closer to my house though.
    I am the eager, excited boy, - naw don't think it will be put down... :)
    Tumbs' make sure you have a full meal before smoking this guy. I'll tell ya, I had a large breakfast, then smoked it. I really didn't find it that strong, and I don't know if it was the meal or what but I feel I've had stronger cigars. Though it did take about 2.5 hours to smoke to the nub. Enjoy.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Tumbs' make sure you have a full meal before smoking this guy. I'll tell ya, I had a large breakfast, then smoked it. I really didn't find it that strong, and I don't know if it was the meal or what but I feel I've had stronger cigars. Though it did take about 2.5 hours to smoke to the nub. Enjoy.

LoL - 2.5 to smoke the nub... I Love it... I'm pumped...
    haha, yeah those nubs are tough!!!
    You know, now that I look at C.com, there's a maduro and a natural both are chistel.. Hmmm, now I'm not sure which one I had. I did pick up the Maduro but maybe it wasn't the chistel maduro? hmmm.. Though the darn thing was dark much darker than any other of the la flors..
    I did get a 5er of both - I can let you know how they look...
    Anyone know when Ccom will get some ligero 500 boxes?
    I smoked the Maduro earlier and am smoking the sumatra now. These were/are the chisel size, and wow what a flavor bomb. I mean right off the bat. I will not be without these again - unless I can't get them. :) How are the other sizes besides the chisel Phobes? Being in Chicago, this is a good size at the moment - do they lose anything being larger?
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've had a few of them in the larger ring ga. and they were fantastic as well. La Flor has quickly become on of my favorite smokes. I can't wait to try the Cameroon Cab. I've been looking for them at my shop but they have been out for the passed few weeks. Hopefully they will get some more in soon.
    Tumbler:
    I smoked the Maduro earlier and am smoking the sumatra now. These were/are the chisel size, and wow what a flavor bomb. I mean right off the bat. I will not be without these again - unless I can't get them. :) How are the other sizes besides the chisel Phobes? Being in Chicago, this is a good size at the moment - do they lose anything being larger?
    Like Puro said, great. I got more flavor out of the ligero then the double/chisel but then again I'm not sure it was the chistle. at any rate it was a maduro. Anyway great cigars.
    PuroFreak:
    I've had a few of them in the larger ring ga. and they were fantastic as well. La Flor has quickly become on of my favorite smokes. I can't wait to try the Cameroon Cab. I've been looking for them at my shop but they have been out for the passed few weeks. Hopefully they will get some more in soon.

Thanks Puro - Missed this last night - must have been too much lagavulin... :) I will be trying the larger ring gauge. I am with you - these are a great smoke... I really like the ligero also, but the double was even more to my liking.
    anyone try the Coronado yet.. looks good
    It's a big boy - Seems like it was cigar # 2 in CA a couple of years ago. I had some burn issues with a couple of these, but they were very tasty - Not as spicy as the doulbe ligero or the 300 but really a great flavorable smoke. I have three more I am going to let sit awhile.
    for some reason I thought it was a new blend, well I'll be sure to pick one or two up with cigar.com gets some boxes of 500's in stock...
    So I ordered a box of the ligero 500's and noticed that the label has changed, anyone ever notice this? The label I had before had a flower in the middle, now the 500's in the box just has LFD in cursive with a red background? I'm hoping the label just changed.... anyone? Maddy your the B&M employee now....
    phobicsquirrel:
    Tumbler:
    Like Puro said, great. I got more flavor out of the ligero then the double/chisel but then again I'm not sure it was the chistle. at any rate it was a maduro. Anyway great cigars.
    Oh and to clarify I have not had the chistel yet, I ordered one with my box of 500's and it is indeed different, so I'm looking forward to smoking it. I also ordered a coronado toro which looks very good.
    I really like the Ligero and the double ligero - but I only had the chisel in the double... :) Let me know what you think. I'm thinkin' you'll like the coronado also.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Don't forget about the El Jocko size. Like getting hit upside the head with a bat.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    vankleekkw:
    Don't forget about the El Jocko size. Like getting hit upside the head with a bat.
    I have a couple of these in Maduro, they are a fun little cigar as well.