Home Non Cigar Related

MMA Junkies in here

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Hated to see Wanderlei go down like that. I'm really hoping he retires. I don't wanna see him pull a Chuckie
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    ENFIDL:
    Hated to see Wanderlei go down like that. I'm really hoping he retires. I don't wanna see him pull a Chuckie
    Could not BELIEVE Leben did that to Silva! Leben is a solid fighter (if unspectacular), but Wanderlei? In under 40 SECONDS? Im with you ENFIDEL, time to call it a career. Just will always wish Silva went to the UFC in his prime so there would be no arguement about his place in the history of the sport...

The Sniper:
    ENFIDL:
    Could not BELIEVE Leben did that to Silva! Leben is a solid fighter (if unspectacular), but Wanderlei? In under 40 SECONDS? Im with you ENFIDEL, time to call it a career. Just will always wish Silva went to the UFC in his prime so there would be no arguement about his place in the history of the sport...

Agreed! Nobody in the light heavyweight division back in 2001-2006 could have stopped him. And yes I know he lost to Tito in the title fight he had against him in 2000 but I feel like Silva had too many issues adjusting to the rules and the octagon. Silva + Pride= Ruthless!!!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Phil Davis is out of the bout with Rashad, Lyoto is in. Poor Rashad.

Link
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Rashad is gonna accidentally get hurt in camp soon so he won't have to fight machida
    j0z3r:
    Phil Davis is out of the bout with Rashad, Lyoto is in. Poor Rashad.

Link
    YES YES YES!!! Can we say stanky leg yet again? lol I find it interesting that Dana offered the fight to Tito first. He's pretty irrelevant in the title picture and this should be a title eliminator fight
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Man, Rashad is the unluckiest guy in the division, if not the whole promotion. Get ready for Stanky Leg 2.0
    looks like Tito had a change of heart, hes gonna fight rashad after all
    Had to head over to BE after reading that. Can't believe Machida played the "give me more money" game, you have to earn that, and quite frankly he hasn't yet. Good for Tito, I've never been a fan, but he's impressing me lately, seems like he has finally grown up and stopped acting like a child.
    I liked what Dana white said, you'll get paid like Anderson when you do what he's done, I like machida but he had a chance to fight Evans which I'm sure he could beat again then he's right back into the championship picture which would lead to more money, not to mention a fight pay day but I guess their is no fight anytime anywhere champions anymore
    I'm pretty shocked that Machida did that. As much as he's said that he wants to get back into title contention to pull something like that is bad. If he won he would have probably had the next shot at the title. Poor choice imo. I'm shocked Tito changed his mind but am really happy to see he's finally stepping up. After the UFC giving him one last chance when they were about to cut him, it's good to see him repaying the favor. Esp considering his base on the last card was $425K! I can imagine him on short notice he'll get a huge payday out of this.
    Speaking of the money does anybody else think the payscale is jacked up in the UFC? I mean you have Tito, yes I know he did a whole hell of a lot to build the company, who made $425K in base salary when he was facing being cut and then you have Cruz who is a champion who made $20K in base salary. Hell even Chris Leben got $46K in base and he's never been close to the title.
    Well, here's the thing...your casual fan doesn't buy a card to see Dominick Cruz, he's not really a known quantity outside of the more dedicated fan circle and is therefore paid according to his drawing power. Right not the BW and FW classes just aren't strong enough or popular enough, look at Urijah, he's the most well known FW and he doesn't make a killing either. Yeah, they need to remedy the pay scale a bit, but I can see how they pay guys who draw a crowd more than those who don't, when you're in the business of making money, you reward the people who bring in the big bucks.
    Of course and I get that but I feel like champions, esp ones who have retained a title for a bit, should get paid accordingly. If I remember correctly Urijah got like $32K.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Anyone see the trailer for "Warrior" yet? Coming out in Sept. Looks pretty t!ts.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    lilwing88:
    Anyone see the trailer for "Warrior" yet? Coming out in Sept. Looks pretty t!ts.
    I haven't seen it yet. Been meaning to youtube it...
    So Overeem is out of the Strikeforce HW Grand Prix. I'm pretty shocked to hear it. He said he wouldn't fight in Sept so Strikeforce said F you and pulled him. I love the stance they took with him. They have been really lenient with him esp with his K1 tournament. I honestly think he had already started a new roids cycle and knew he wouldn't test clean by then, again just my opinion. Daniel Cormier is now taking his place. I think Big Foot will destroy him given his experience, reach and ability to take a punch.http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Overeem-Pulled-from-Strikeforce-Heavyweight-GP-34054
    F*ck Boober-eem, I'm so sick of that guy. He should have forfeited after that sh*t performance he turned in against Werdum. I think Barnett would whoop dat ass, and by whoop I mean take down and submit. In fact, I like Barnett to not only win the GP, but to take the HW strap...let's see what DW has to say about Josh in the UFC then.
    Love it Joe! That was one of the worst performances I've ever seen, esp by someone who is a "champion" and I use that very loosely with him. Barnett would have wrecked him. I think if Josh wins and takes the belt Dana will have him stay in Strikeforce for awhile to have someone there who is willing to fight and represent the promotion but then cross him over when they fold Strikeforce.
    And the Boob is cut from SF, love it. Is this a transparent ruse to get him out of his contract and into the UFC? I'll be interested to see the developments.

Who all is watching Fedor v Henderson tomorrow? This ought to be a good card, Fedor is looking serious, I think he takes this one by KO or sub...hate to count Dan out, but if Fedor is on his game I just don't see him losing. What are your thoughts?
    Glad to see they cut him. That's the right move and I really hope that the UFC isn't signing him after the way he's acted but I wouldn't be shocked at all if that's all this is.

I wish I could see this card, I think it's gonna be great. A lot of great fights on it. I totally agree, Fedor hasn't had that look in his eyes since Pride and I think he's gonna wreck Dan. I too hate to say that but Fedor back to being himself is something that pretty much nobody can stop. Hell even when he was getting pounded by Bigfoot he never gave up and was ready to come out for round 3. I still think that the Kennedy vs Lawler fight is gonna be sick. Luckily they'll all be on youtube about 5 min after they're over and I'll be able to see them even though I'm stuck at work
    Hypothetically, I'd like to see Overeem signed to the UFC so he can fight the likes of Cain, JDS and even Mir...I think they all beat him, Mir I'm least sure of as he tends to fight to his own detriment. But yeah, I want to see the true top 10 show Reem the door to obscurity. Maybe he'll go box Klitchko and get his ass handed to him, I wouldn't mind seeing that either...no way in hell are his hands good enough for that.
    That would be the best thing about him signing with the UFC. Mir is so aggravating, he's so talented and is a great fighter when he wants to but. It's frustrating. He'd get so wrecked by Klitcko it wouldn't even be funny.

Oh and how about Miesha Tate....wow wow we wa
    wow wow we wa indeed. Marloes cleans up surprisingly well too, she never looks like much in the cage, but dressed and made up...
    That she does. Yeah in the cage she looks rough and then the first presser I saw her at I was like wait what that's not the same chick....lol Although nobody holds a candle to Gina F'in Carano!
    So following the live blog on espn it sounds like Fedor vs Hendo was crazy!
    It was pretty crazy. You gotta watch it when you get a chance.
    I found it on youtube. That was one helluva fight! I felt at first that the stoppage may have been early but on the replays I'm unsure. I hope that Fedor doesn't retire though. He looked really good and aggressive like his old self and I think he's still got good fights in him.
    And way to go Miesha I'm happy to see one of my future ex-wives accomplish a personal goal of hers!
    I thought it was a bad stoppage myself, but upon replay Fedor had obviously crumpled and went limp. Herb Dean is one of the best refs doing big shows imo and I've seldom disagreed with a call he makes...especially the "oh sh*t" he said when Mir broke big Timmeh's arm, that was classic. I'd hate to see Fedor go out like this, anyone can get knocked out and Dan isn't known for having pillow hands besides. Don't know where he goes from here though.