Home Cigar 101

International shipping

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
For anyone who has shipped to Canada, have you used the small USPS flat rate box? If so, any reports of damage?

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Hey James. I've received small USPS flat rate boxes before with no damage. But if you send big boxes for stuff like desktop humidors, then padding and protection is crucial.

When I first moved, the humidors got here with no problem, but some of my rarer sticks that weren't in cello had the wrapper split or were completely shredded.

I guess it's because all the big boxes are on the bottom of the truck and are more prone to damage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Hey man, thanks. BTW, how is your coolerador project?
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    james40:
    Just a heads up, make sure you do use USPS and list contents as hobby supplies with a value of $50 or heavy taxes/duties are imposed...
    oh no, I only listed as $20 and hobby supplies...should I run back and get it?
    james40:
    oh no, I only listed as $20 and hobby supplies...should I run back and get it?
    No no thats perfect....what I meant is anything listed more than $50 can be a problem, perfect!
    Good. I hope the "unsuspecting" botl likes this package.
    james40:
    It's been on hold for a bit. Unfortunately, I keep finding great deals on cigars, so the money that would be set aside for a cooler is always spent. I'm also hoping for a sale of some sort, since all the 100+ quart coolers are 100 to 140 dollars.
    wwhwang:
    james40:
    It's been on hold for a bit. Unfortunately, I keep finding great deals on cigars, so the money that would be set aside for a cooler is always spent. I'm also hoping for a sale of some sort, since all the 100+ quart coolers are 100 to 140 dollars.
    Are you back from your trip? If not grab a 150 at Walmart US for $80
    Diamondog:
    wwhwang:
    james40:
    Are you back from your trip? If not grab a 150 at Walmart US for $80
    Hey DD. Yeah, I'm back from my trip. I figured after grabbing a cooler that size at a US Walmart, with shipping, it would still be around 100 to 105 total.