Home General Discussion

Your take on the 5 vegas miami?

I have been thinking about getting some to try but i wanted to see what people thought of them before i went ahead and got some. Also what other 5 vegas people recommend i have had the 5 vegas series 'A' archetype and i liked it but i haven't had any other 5 vegas and i just wanted to see what others thought some of the good ones were.
Thanks,
Brian

Comments

• btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    I am a fan of the Miami. They are my favorite 5 Vegas but I am also an unabashed Pepin fan so I may be a bit biased.

I really like the classic as well. Had my first 'A' this past weekend and really liked it but still liked the classic and Miami better. I have a bunch of Miami's if you want to make a small trade. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    I have had the A and will continue to have it as often as i can.

the classic is good
    the Cask was a great cigar (i cant wait for the cask strength II)
    the limitada 06 was good, 07 was great, 08... iduno yet.
    I have a miami in my humidor right now. havent tried it. wish i could help more.
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    I personally like the miami as well. I've got a bunch in the humi right now and actually just burned one the other day. Nice flavor profile...its got a rich taste, I find it hard to put down at times.

I also have some casks i'm waiting to try as well as a small shipment of cask II's coming. Kuzi if your interested I might have a few I'm willing to part with.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bass8844:
    ... as well as a small shipment of cask II's coming. Kuzi if your interested I might have a few I'm willing to part with.

!!!

maybe. ill see what i can do. (read: what im willing to part with)
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    The Miami is a great stick. Try the knuckle as I believe this is the best of the bunch.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    This post has gone cold - sorry - but I just read it... :)

They had a deal on the 5 Vegas Miami a few months ago at various places. I picked up quite a few and loved 'em then. I just tried another today and still thought it was great. I followed that up with a box pressed classic and it was good also, but it wasn't the Miami. The Miami had just a more distinctive flavor and a more medium full body than the classic. If you can be more medium full. Actually I guess the classic is medium to me. The Miami just had more of a nutty, cederesque, little pepper, little leather kind of flavor with a bigger finish... I thought the knuckle had just more spice. A little bitter spice before my humi settled down. Like spice - don't like bitter (usually for me the key to slow down) Yes, I liked the Knuckles enough to order 36.

On a different note - I shouldn't mention this - but CI had a Joe's special on the Cask Strength 2. I believe it was 10 for 29 bucks. I wasn't impressed with the one I smoked, but thought perhaps If let 'em sit in the Humi they would get better. I just wasn't impressed enough to pull the trigger. Sorry Kuzi - I should have dropped a line...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I think the Miami is a tasty smoke, though i've not had enough to form a good opinion as of yet.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    My take on the Miami ... YUM! Not much else needs to be said.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    not sure about the Miami but the A I had yesterday was great.
  • The 'A', especially the little anomaly, is fantastic for the price. The limitada '06 was my favorite of the bunch, the '07 was very inconsistent with the few i had and wasn't that good even when i got the decent ones. Classics are a decent medium stick, nothing special but not bad. The Miami i've only had in a pc, which was rather tasty, but i only had one so i can't really comment on it too much.