Home Cigar 101

Copper Lined

Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
I was looking on a website and came across a copper lined humidor. Is this something that I should be interested in?, or is it an old time way that is ineffective.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    It's old time for sure, can't say if it's effective or not.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I know its old. That's for dang sure. I just don't know if this is something that might be a worthwhile purchase.
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    I come across a lot of these on craigslist and always think the same thing
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Lakota72:
    Yeah, I know its old. That's for dang sure. I just don't know if this is something that might be a worthwhile purchase.
    As a piece of cigar history maybe...I doubt it's going to do anything for your cigars, good or bad, that's just one way humidors were made many years ago before spanish cedar use was the prevalent material.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    My Great Grandfather had one. He passed in 1990 but I can remember it. It seemed to do the job OK for him but he normally bought one box at a time so storage was not a real issue. I would just stay with the cedar myself.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    The copper was used to **** mold and bacterial growth.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I think it'd be BadAss to have a copper lined humidor... The smell wouldn't be as good, but it'd look sweet!
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    That's what I was thinking. If nothing else it'd be a pretty cool piece of old cigar history.
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Always wondered about the copper lining myself. It does look really neat though.