Home Ratings & Reviews

alec bradley select cabinet reserve robusto

cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
Just had one tonight picked from a newly arrived box at my local b&m. Tomorrow I'll be closing the lid on it and buying the rest of the box. If you get the chance, get some.

Comments

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Very good to hear. I havent tried them yet, but have one in the humi waiting to get a little age on it. Can't wait.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I love this cigar. My favorite AB stick at this moment. I burned through them pretty quick luckily I have one left.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Just had one tonight picked from a newly arrived box at my local b&m. Tomorrow I'll be closing the lid on it and buying the rest of the box. If you get the chance, get some.
    I've been trying to get a couple of these. I've been hoping to set up a trade but no one has any. I need to try the family blend too. I really wanted to do a trade for these but I might have to just buy a 5er of each or something. Glad you liked it, I've heard good things about both.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    weird, i've had a couple resting for 4 months or more and i finally lit one up the other night. didn't like it. everybody has different tastebuds i guess
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I really like the SCR, after a few months they really start to shine.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I really enjoy the SCR, but as I've said before, I'm an Alec Bradley ****... I haven't had a bad smoke from the company. The Harvest 97 is the weakest link in the line that I have found, but is still a very tasty smoke and I enjoyed it very much! The top of the line for me would either be the Family Blend or the Pryme. The Pryme is getting impossible to find, but I hit the jackpot the other day. I stopped by the little B&M right around the corner from my new house and they had a box sitting in the humi! I asked the guy where he got them and he said he had them for over a year and they just don't sell. I told him I would be back when I had some extra money to take all of them I could!
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    I really dig the SCR too. Right up there with Tempus for me. I've found that I do prefer the habano to the havest '97 original, just my .02$.
    sounds like i need to light up the other one i have resting. you all really like it and i trust your judgement. wonder if it was the food or beer it was paired with
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I paired mine with a diet Dr. Pepper. It really brought out the flavors.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    cabinetmaker:
    Maybe its SCR week! I just had my first one on Monday also - absolutely delicious, razor sharp burn (and with the humidity in Missouri the last couple weeks, thats saying something!), excellent draw and a nice long finish. I personally didnt get a whole lot of complexity out of this one, but what I did get (lots of cedar, with some hints of leather) was Awesome with a capital A! I think I actually like this one better than their Tempus, and thats saying a lot!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Well, just bought the rest of the box. Gonna put 4 in a top drawer, and let the rest age.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    SCRs are a great smoke!! Probably my 2nd fav AB smoke, next to the Tempus. I haven't had the Prymus yet, are these discontinued?

"Long ashes my friends."

• undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I've been all over this stick for a month. Picked up 12 and need to pick us some more.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 in the humidor waiting to be reviewed. Yesterday I was bombed with a box of Alec Bradley Prensados and 5 mystery sticks. I love the Prensado and have heard good things one this one. Can't wait to try it.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I guess I need to hit the bins a little harder. I really love the Tempes Centeriun and Had a prensadio that I loved and one not so much. I need to try the SCR. I was in my local shop and they were getting rid of the La flor double ligero chisel. They didnt have many, but now they have none.

On a different note - I am going to take a bike trip and it will be 3 days in some tough heat and then a week to recoup (the cigars that is) and then another 3 days back. I am not taking my top notch stuff, but I am taking some good stuff. Some I have in the black tat tubos and then in the humidor - the humidor is incased in a 2/12 gallon zip lock back. The moisture will be ok, but the heat maybe not so much. Any suggestions - besides give it up... :) smoke cigarettes :}
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Tumbler:
    I guess I need to hit the bins a little harder. I really love the Tempes Centeriun and Had a prensadio that I loved and one not so much. I need to try the SCR. I was in my local shop and they were getting rid of the La flor double ligero chisel. They didnt have many, but now they have none.

On a different note - I am going to take a bike trip and it will be 3 days in some tough heat and then a week to recoup (the cigars that is) and then another 3 days back. I am not taking my top notch stuff, but I am taking some good stuff. Some I have in the black tat tubos and then in the humidor - the humidor is incased in a 2/12 gallon zip lock back. The moisture will be ok, but the heat maybe not so much. Any suggestions - besides give it up... :) smoke cigarettes :}
    getting rid of the lfd? wow. I haven't had the chisel yet, I can't seem to think that they could beat the maduro. lol.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    I had my first one of these last weekend up at the lake. I loved it!!
    smoked another of these last night, sorry guys. it's like smoking a shoe or belt. too much leather for me. it's def. not my stick. I do love the Tempus and Maxx Brazilian though
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    so i just had one of these....used a punch cutter for the first third...partly into the second third i cut it, and it opened up so much more and did get a bit better...but yeah, still a little to leathery to me but I have only had one other Alec Bradley and thats the Special Blend....ever get a chance to get one of these, and jump on them hard and fast, its a conneticut with tons of smoke and just dam good!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    j0z3r:
    I really like the SCR, after a few months they really start to shine.
    +1. Just fired up a corona with about six months on it - age took a good stick and made it great! Super smooth, great finish, and a bit more spice than I remember it having. Excellent and highly recommended me bruddas! :-D

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    smoked another of these last night, sorry guys. it's like smoking a shoe or belt. too much leather for me. it's def. not my stick. I do love the Tempus and Maxx Brazilian though
    I'm with Dennis on this one. I've had a few of these and really wanted to like them but I just couldn't. Not for me either but it's always cool to see how much other people like the cigars whose flavors aren't for you.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I really like the AB 97 Harvest. The SCR I have waiting for me but have not tried it. The AB tempus I had did not sit right with me but I will try one again. Seems the tempus is an AB favorite of many.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tumbler:

Herfador!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    jsnake:
    I have 2 in the humidor waiting to be reviewed. Yesterday I was bombed with a box of Alec Bradley Prensados and 5 mystery sticks. I love the Prensado and have heard good things one this one. Can't wait to try it.
    +1 on the prensado. Great stick and is one of my favorites.