Home Cigar 101
Options

How much humidity beads?

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
How much humidity beads would I need for a 50 count humi? Would 1/2 pound be plenty?

Comments

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, man. I had a little puck of beads from heartfelt in a small humidor like that, worked fine. I use that same puck and then another little cup in my 150 ct box just to suck up a little extra humidity from the foam bricks it came with. I believe I ordered a lb of extra beads, and most are still in the bag! 1/2 lb should be plenty for a 50 ct.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just go to heartfeltindustries.com and roam around their website. You'll find a page where they tell you how to calculate your bead needs. Can't miss.

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    How much humidity beads would I need for a 50 count humi? Would 1/2 pound be plenty?
    Half pound is plenty! The beads have a recommended usage on the website, but you can't "go over" in the sense it'd be harmful, so just think of that half pound as the starter for your first coolerdor!
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Lasabar:
    Rhamlin:
    Half pound is plenty! The beads have a recommended usage on the website, but you can't "go over" in the sense it'd be harmful, so just think of that half pound as the starter for your first coolerdor!
    Ya, half pound is what I used in my 50 counts. Works great.
  • Options
    I used they're calculator so for my size a small puck should work. Are they refillable? And I saw some nano beads on eBay pretty cheap are they the same things?
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Rhamlin:
    I used they're calculator so for my size a small puck should work. Are they refillable? And I saw some nano beads on eBay pretty cheap are they the same things?
    They are refillable, or rechargeable rather, to use a more accurate term. I just have a dish of distilled water in my coolidor (or you could use a foam puck with distilled water or something like that for your humidor), and then they take moisture as needed or get rid of it as needed to maintain the perfect humidity. They require little maintenance at all.

Briefly checking eBay, nano beads do seem to be similar, after all, the tech is simply silica beads, but I'd recommend you go with the tried and true ConservaGel or Heartfelt for peace of mind.

Remember, you can always use more than the minimum amount of beads. Using more than the calculator recommends just means faster recovery from lost humidity.
  • Options
    Ok thanks BOTL's