Home Non Cigar Related

Got a new job; moving to new locale

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
Well, I finally got a really nice job - totally stoked, and I'll be moving closer to Tampa (currently on the outskirts, moving into the city) - so anyone thinking of bombing should know it won't reach me.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Congrats man...

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Congrats buddy! Having a celebratory smoke?

"Long ashes my friends."

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Krieg:
    Going to once I get moved in and attend my first day. I'm paranoid they made a mistake and mistook my name, social sec., and drivers license for someone else - wanna make sure I'm really the guy they chose, so I haven't smoked it yet.

Been saving a GOF Don Carlos churchill in the humi for the past 6 mo waiting for this day that I'm gonna light up soon :D

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    congrats on the new smoking money.
    One God, One Truth
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Congrats on the new job!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Way to go man! Whats the new gig? Where's the new house (closer to the coast or further away)? How did you manage to find a new job in this economy? DISH ALREADY MAN - WE NEED DETAILS!!!

• wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Grats Marco!
    The Sniper:
    Way to go man! Whats the new gig? Where's the new house (closer to the coast or further away)? How did you manage to find a new job in this economy? DISH ALREADY MAN - WE NEED DETAILS!!!

Hate to say it, but I can't really say what the gig is other than it's a legal job in Tampa; if anyone comes down to Tampa, lemme know and we can talk, but otherwise, the internet ain't the place to discuss it.

I'll be moving closer to the coast, pretty much into downtown Tampa. As for how I found it - 14 months of looking, and applying 10 times; they finally invited me in for an interview and it went great - got the call a day later and I've been on cloud nine until today when I found out my car needed $1,500 of repairs due to a shot heater core. Rofl - it's been a roller coaster, for sure.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Good to hear you found a nice job, congrats
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Congrats man that's awesome news!
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Good for you Macro. Congratulations on the new job and home.
  • bipbip Posts: 483
    That's awesome brother. Way to go.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Congrats man, I love the the Tampa / St. Pete area so if I'm ever down that way I'll give ya a shout.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Congrats man! I love the Tampa area too. That's a GREAT feeling to land a gig you've been trying to get for a while.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Hate to say it, but I can't really say what the gig is other than it's a legal job in Tampa; if anyone comes down to Tampa, lemme know and we can talk, but otherwise, the internet ain't the place to discuss it.
    Hmm, and just as General Petraeus is appointed to the CIA... :D Congratulations!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Amos Umwhat:
    xmacro:
    Hmm, and just as General Petraeus is appointed to the CIA... :D Congratulations!
    Right-wingers are taking over!!

Thanks everyone!

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Krieg:
    Going to once I get moved in and attend my first day. I'm paranoid they made a mistake and mistook my name, social sec., and drivers license for someone else - wanna make sure I'm really the guy they chose, so I haven't smoked it yet.

Been saving a GOF Don Carlos churchill in the humi for the past 6 mo waiting for this day that I'm gonna light up soon :D

Lol, funny

"Long ashes my friends."