Home Non Cigar Related

Best birthday present ever....

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
So, last night my wife told me she thought she was having contractions. I immediately asked if her water had broken, to which she replied in the negative. She decided to go on to the hospital, just in case. I stayed at home since we had just put our daughter to bed and didn't want to have to wake her up. The plan is, she will call me if they do admit her or anything, if nothing comes of it, she will just come back home.

An hour or so passes, and Jennifer shows back up at the house. The doctor told her she was only dilated 2cm, and that the pain she thought was contraction pain was probably just cramps from having overexerted herself the past few days. The doctor told her to go on back home and just take some Tylenol. After she explained this to me, the little worry I had faded, and I ended up falling asleep on the couch while watching something on Netflix.

I am woken by my wife saying something I don't really understand and a baby crying. I see she is holding a crying baby, and immediately think, "What's wrong with Cadence? .........Wait, Cadence is alot bigger than that......". This is followed by my noticing the blood on my wife's legs and the fact that there is still an umbilical cord attached between baby and mother. Apparently, she continued having the "cramps" for an hour or so upstairs, so she decided that if she went to the bathroom, it might help. She realized after the first push that the baby was coming, and ended up just having her right there in the bathroom.

After coming to my senses, I immediately called 911. The paramedics came, checked out mother and daughter, ascertained that both were in good health, and scooted them off to the hospital. By the time I got to our room, my wife was laughing and joking with the nurses. She is far too hardcore for me.

So, my second daughter, Kendall Jean Ezzell, was born on my birthday, July 26th, at 11:55pm, in the upstairs bathroom. Kendall is the best birthday present ever, but having this story to tell is a close second.

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Wow.... Wow.....

That is incredible!!!

And all that being said... Does this save you a bunch of money in Doctor's Bills too? If so, a Box of Some mighty fine smokes is in order!!!
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Holy mother of.............

Congrats a ton man!!!!!!! I thought this only happens in movies!! Happy bday as well.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Is this the film of it???
    She's one helluva woman (your girl, not the one in the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfy8dBGC4Cw
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    That is an amazing story. I nominate Tony's wife for "Wife of the year" Any seconds??
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Congrats! I am glad everything went so well, it must have been a funny way to wake up!
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    You are blessed with a good strong wife, an anxious daughter, and a big break in delivery fees!
    . Happy Day!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Holy Crap!!!!!

• amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Dude, thats crazy. The same thing almost happened to me. My wife goes into labor she calls me at work so I come home and we go to the hospital (which happens to be the same one she works at). We get there and they check her out and say she's only dialated 1cm or something like that. They say it's going to be a while so they say we'd be better off to go home then comeback. I ask the nurse like "are you sure, she's looks like she's in alot of pain" The nurse kind off laughs and gives us the newbie parents blow off. So we go home, I run up to Target for maybe 15 min to pick up some supplies because well the nurse said it's gonna be awhile. I come back and my wife like in a panic saying she can feels the babies head. We hop in the truck go flying back to the hospital they rush her into the room and my daughter's poppin out before the doc can get gloves on. The whole thing all happened within about 45min of leaving the hospital the first time.

Sorry man didn't mean to hijack your thread, Congratulations !!!
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Amazing, Simply amazing. What a story to tell.. Congratulations once again.. Glad Mom and baby are ok!! So Cadence has herself a little sis. Too cool. I can only imagine what you must of went through waking up to that situation.WOW
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    **** my wife is about to pop. I will not let her go to the bathroom by herself till that baby is out. Congrats man.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    fla-gypsy:
    That is an amazing story. I nominate Tony's wife for "Wife of the year" Any seconds??
    +1. After hearing that story, anyone here think they're tough enough to tell her she's NOT Wife of the Year??? LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND! You're right, best birthday present ever & I could never hope to top it - but I will give you some very wise advise that you should stick to throughout your life as a present....

Never. EVER! P!ss that woman off in any way, shape, form or fashion. Any woman who can deliver her own baby is NOT to be trifled with! :-D

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    fla-gypsy:
    +1. After hearing that story, anyone here think they're tough enough to tell her she's NOT Wife of the Year??? LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND! You're right, best birthday present ever & I could never hope to top it - but I will give you some very wise advise that you should stick to throughout your life as a present....

Never. EVER! P!ss that woman off in any way, shape, form or fashion. Any woman who can deliver her own baby is NOT to be trifled with! :-D

+10
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    BTW, we will all be waiting on pics of Miss Kendall. ASAP please proud papa! :-)

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    WOW! That's all I can say. Happy Birthday Tony. Now THAT is hardcore.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony, I gotta tell ya, you got a h3lluva woman there and a coupla real sweeties to boot. Congratulations on a beautiful family and Happy Birthday, my friend. I'll bet you never forget this birthday.

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Holy shitballs, I think I would have had a stroke. Tough lady you got. Congratulations.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    rossdavey2:
    **** my wife is about to pop. I will not let her go to the bathroom by herself till that baby is out. Congrats man.
    Ha, me too man. I don't think my wife would let me sleep thru that. Lol
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    holy S%^T that's crazy. Congrats.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's awesome brother, congrats! That's one crazy a$$ story! You're wife is tough as nails man!
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Holy cow what a story! That is one for the books! Congrats and happy birthday!!! What a present! Glad to hear mom and baby are doing well!
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    Holy crap! That is awesome but scary as hell at the same time. Your wife must be tough as nails to do that by herself. Congrats to the both of you and glad everyone is healthy!
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Amazing story, Tony! Congrats to you and your family!!! She's definitely a trooper to go through all that in the bathroom!
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Amazing. Its baby season. A friend had his last night too. Awesome present. Congrats. Btw, my daughter is named Kendall also
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Grats Tony!!! Your wife scares me lol.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck of a birthday present bro. Congrats to you and your wife. Hope all are doing well. My 2nd daugther was born in the doctors office and the wifey did it with no meds!! And I had to listen via cellphone, I was out of town working and my mom called me to tell me my little one was on the way!! But I wont highjack your thread. Take care.
  • e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Congratulations....glad to hear everyone is doing fine and Happy Birthday too. What a birthday present, now you better get some sleep.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Good lord! Glad all is ok with the family my friend! Congrats!
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Wow!! What a story...congrats on the expansion of your family. Ever heard women talk about 'push' jewelry? Hate to tell you, but I think your wife just earned some big time!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations and happy birthday to the both of you! Hope things will be well with you and your family.
  • bipbip Posts: 483
    Dude. That is an awesome story to tell and witness. Congratulations brother!!!