Home General Discussion

You ever stop and think to yourself...

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
Man...I'm spending too much money on cigars! (Of course, this attitude often morphs into, "Aww...F' it! Why the heck not!")

Comments

• KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Ummm................pretty much all the time these last two months........................but I have temporary cigaritis.....................no immediate cure unfortunately.....................

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Only when I look at my stock and think "if I stop buying now I still have a couple year's supply"! But then, yeah, it morphs into f*ck it. Hell, I just bought another box 3 minutes ago!
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    bigharpoon:
    Only when I look at my stock and think "if I stop buying now I still have a couple year's supply"! But then, yeah, it morphs into f*ck it. Hell, I just bought another box 3 minutes ago!
    Everytime I see your name I think it says 'bighairpoon'. There is a mental block somewhere I am having trouble getting by.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I saw an episode of one of those TV shows about addicts or whatever recently, and one dude was addicted to shopping, like he got a rush, a high, from shopping... well, I must be a cigar-shopping addict. My diet consists of tap water, Ramen noodles, and Opus X.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Yep, all the time I look at the humi and think man thats a ton of money in there, but it doesn't take long for those thoughts to be replaced by the urning to by another box. As long as I can pay my bills and keep the family comfy I'm not gunna worry to much about it.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Nope. I only spend discretionary money on cigars, and during the times of the year when that money is short, I don't buy. It sucks, but it works. If I was a bachelor with no children then it'd be a different story.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I always say I'm gonna hold off on buying cigars, but then I see a great deal on something I like and just say *** it. It was really bad when they were still doing RP vintage daily deals, been a little easier since no more RP DDs

"Long ashes my friends."

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only buy when I'm away at work. That way my little 50 count is full when I get back home then I smoke em up but I try to always keep a couple of everything I get at the bottom so I guess eventually I'll be getting a bigger one soon.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Marker:
    bigharpoon:
    Everytime I see your name I think it says 'bighairpoon'. There is a mental block somewhere I am having trouble getting by.
    Ha! You betta blow that **** out...

(obscure reference to Digible Planet's blow-out comb)
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    When I start thinking like that, I start drinking and then those bad thoughts go away..
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Err...just realized I gotta buy my buddy a baby gift. But what's 30 bills?
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    very true i think about the bill thats going to come in the mail but then am like f-it
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    When I start thinking like that, I start drinking and then those bad thoughts go away..

This theory works on just about everything.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I'm in the same boat. At the rate I smoke (just a few a week), I have well over a year's supply on hand. For some reason, that's not good enough.
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Enough is never enough! Nothing beats looking at the new purchase...except for trying them!
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I just chalk it up to investing in my hobby, if I actually added it up I could probably buy a car, but Fu@k it I am a cigaraholic.
    Alex and Tim make buying to easy.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    JudoChinX:
    I'm in the same boat. At the rate I smoke (just a few a week), I have well over a year's supply on hand. For some reason, that's not good enough.
    +1
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    KingoftheCove:
    JudoChinX:
    +1
    And just like that, I jumped on the weekend blitz. I'm so predictable!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Yeah I just had that moment... like just now. It was a dark and cold place and I pray I never go back.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Man...I'm spending too much money on cigars! (Of course, this attitude often morphs into, "Aww...F' it! Why the heck not!")
    never. i usually have the thought of "man, im not smoking enough cigars to make room for all the ones i want to buy"
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    I don't think that ever, because that would be admitting defeat...then the terrorists win.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    .. I usually sit on about the same number of cigar. When my humidors get full I stop buying. ( usually).