Home Cigar 101

Heartfelt Humidity Tubes?

KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
Anybody using these?
How do you like them (compared to the "tray" or "puck" model for instance)
Where/how do they get re-hydrated (where do you add the water)?
(I will be getting that syringe - seems like a no-brainer at under $2....)
The tubes appear to be a better buy than the trays - so I'm leaning towards getting a few tubes for my humis
thanks

Comments

• klgoldmanklgoldman Posts: 176
    I've got these in my humis and like them a lot. It's just a perforated plastic tube. I use an old contact solution bottle filled with distilled water to recharge them. Just squirt the water on the tube, turn it a bit for even coverage and you're good to go.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I have one also. I went with the tubes cause they take up the space of a single cigar. The jars or trays ate up real estate. They work great though.

To rehydrate, I mist the beads also. Just to where they look like little golf balls almost, textured surface, and they work great.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use both the tube and the bulk pack. The tube in my desktop humi and the bulk pack In my coolidor.

As for charging them, I don't. If the RH gets too low I simply place a small bowl of distilled water in the humi or coolidor and let the beads do their thing. They'll absorb moisture from the bowl and when my hygro reads higher than what the beads are rated for I remove the bowl. No fuss, no muss, no bother. I don't know why some folks make such a big deal out of recharging unless they're possibly concerned about maybe spilling some of the water.

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Dont have any experience with these, but I use the drymistat tubes and have been very happy with them. Just throwing out an alternative in case you want to go in a different direction.

• edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    I totally love the heartfelt tubes. I have them in all 3 of my humid and they work great. All of mine are the 70%. Depending on what I'm trying to accomplish I either spray them down with distiller water or pour the distiller water on half the tube. I like to have only half the tube wet so that the other can still absorb humidity if needed. I prefer these over the pucks because it only takes up the space of a cigar. Definitely worth buying. Helps keep a more constant humidity level.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you can have these right up against cigars? As in laying in line with em, or at the bottom of the box.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    These are what I use in my two wooden humidors. The colored caps come off, allowing you to rehydrate the beads. Usually though, I just squirt distilled water directly onto the tube until it is hydrated to the point where I want them to be, then wipe any excess water off the tube, and it is good to go.
    Gray4lines:
    And you can have these right up against cigars? As in laying in line with em, or at the bottom of the box.

Absolutely. But I'd only do it if I were not charging the beads the way a lot of the guys seem to do or if I had carefully wiped down the outside of the tube with a towel so as not to have any dripping....

• JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Because I know that no one is going to be running into or kicking my coolidor, I leave a dish of distilled water in with my beads. Keeps everything perfectly charged without spraying water directly on the beads which can cause them to crack (doesn't make them less effective however).
    Exactly.

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I use mainly the Boveda packs, They work great in giving off humidity but not so much in absorbing. Here in Seattle the humidity is often well over 70%. I'm thinking of trying these humidity tubes, If anyone has more tubes than they are using and would like to trade for some sticks and are on the good traders list please send me a pm.. Thanks
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    I thought that it was boveda's "thing" that they were a two way humidification system. I have used them in my humidor for 3 months and I thought they were good for giving off and absorbing humidity