Home General Discussion
Options

The New Old Padilla Miami

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
So I just read about the new Padilla Miami that is coming out. Turns out that production of the cigar is moving back to Miami and being reblended. The new Padilla Miami uses the old recipe of Ecuador Habano wrapper. The originals had a sharp floral taste that Padilla didn't like; he traced it to cedar shavings in the aging room. The new cigars are being aged without the cedar shavings. It's also gonna have a different band where u can tell the difference between the Miami and Honduran versions. I loved the Padilla Miami when it first came out, I'm very excited to try these, I hope Ccom is going to carry them.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    I just hope they don't fix what aint broke and ruin it! I'm guessing it's going to be good though.

JDE

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    They're gonna keep both, that's why they are having 2 different bands. If you like the Honduran one, it will still be available.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I've been in love with Padilla lately. I can't wait to give this a shot.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    JudoChinX:
    I've been in love with Padilla lately. I can't wait to give this a shot.
    +1, I have really enjoyed the Padilla's I burned through this year
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I'm with you there gypsy..Started smoking alot more Padilla this past year, and now I am collecting them.
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    I've been meaning to ask this for awhile...

Can someone please provide the history and timeline of the changes that took place with the Padilla Miami? I smoke a handful in the past year, and absolutely loved them. I have no idea which one I would have smoked, the new or old.

• Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I'm stoked to try the new one, but really glad they're keeping the Honduran blend alive, they are one of my favorite smokes!
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Last year Sightunseen gave me one of the old blends with the Black band and I have to say, I liked the Honduran's a lot more...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    ndhaon91:
    I've been meaning to ask this for awhile... Can someone please provide the history and timeline of the changes that took place with the Padilla Miami? I smoke a handful in the past year, and absolutely loved them. I have no idea which one I would have smoked, the new or old.
    To put it in a nutshell, Padilla cigars used to be produced by Don Pepin Garcia, want to say in his Miami factory, but don't hold me to that. Padilla and Pepin split as they were going in different directions. Padilla cigars were now produced elsewhere, I think some are/were made by Raices Cubana in Honduras, but that is speculation on my part. The short of it is that despite what people say about the current Padilla cigars that are out, they were not the same after DPG quit making them, to the detriment of the blends in my opinion. The old Padilla Miami 8&11 was sublime, the old 1948 just a half step behind it.