Home Cigar 101

Infused Cigar Recommendation

The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
I'll be the first to admit I'm not a big fan of infused cigars, but in all fairness I havent tried that many, actually just a couple from the Acid collection. I am looking to find a high end Bourbon or Rum infused cigar. Not sure if the Oliveros qualifies. Looking for more suggestions. Thanks I appreciate the help.

Comments

• dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't had many infused cigars, but I have a Gurkha Grand Reserve (infused with Cognac) put away for a rainy day. Everyone I've talked to says it's great!

Which Acid's have you had?

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pm sent

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    Haven't had many infused cigars, but I have a Gurkha Grand Reserve (infused with Cognac) put away for a rainy day. Everyone I've talked to says it's great!

Toast, Blondie, and another that I cant remember
    dbeckom:
    pm sent
    PM replied
    The Kid:
    dbeckom:

Toast, Blondie, and another that I cant remember
    Yep I forgot bout the Gurkha, Ok I'll definately make note of that one? Anybody else?
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Not in the rum or cognac category but Tabek Especial negra or red eye are pretty good coffee infused cigars with maduro wraps. Much better than acids imo. Ive only had Acid cold fusion bleh. The Tabeks are more like high quality traditional cigars infused with Nicraguan coffee.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard good things about the Kopi Luwak but haven't yet tried one. Besides, that's coffee-infused and you asked about rum or cognac.

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    The only infused cigars I would be unopposed to smoking are the Tabak Especial and Java stuff from DE. Not a fan of the artificial floral/perfume tasting stuff.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Makers Mark has a excellent ( imho ) tubed cigar . I have read about but not tried a cigar called RHUM , I cant remember if it was tubed or not but it sounded really good and is on my list to try .

The Tabak Especiale and the Kopi Luwak are very good cigars if you like coffee flavor .
    Seems to be more rum infused cigars popping up now - maybe the new in thing for the infused crowd . One of my local B&M's even has a house version .
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Oh and the Drew Estate Java is one of my all-time favorites of any cigars !!!
  • gmill880:
    Oh and the Drew Estate Java is one of my all-time favorites of any cigars !!!
    +1 on the Java... It's sweet but has some nice flavors.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Java and Tabak Especial are both fantastic smokes!
  • ctschirgictschirgi Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Erin go Bragh. Infusion of Irish Whiskey is pretty subtle. Tip is sweetened, but it isn't like a swisher or anything. The smoke reminds me of how the inside of a whiskey barrel smells. The price is very reasonable. In my book, if you like an infused cigar now and then, this is the way to go.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    ctschirgi:
    Erin go Bragh. Infusion of Irish Whiskey is pretty subtle. Tip is sweetened, but it isn't like a swisher or anything. The smoke reminds me of how the inside of a whiskey barrel smells. The price is very reasonable. In my book, if you like an infused cigar now and then, this is the way to go.
    I have a sudden craving to stick my head inside a bourbon barrel. Now where to find one...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my wife likes the liquid from the ACID line.
    but last time i checked, she was a girl, and therefor was good with the floral/herby stuff
  • ctschirgictschirgi Posts: 63 ✭✭
    JudoChinX:
    ctschirgi:
    I have a sudden craving to stick my head inside a bourbon barrel. Now where to find one...
    My mom planted 400 flowers each spring so we had a lot of whiskey barrel flower pots. You could also swing by Lynchburg, Tenn. The aging barns smell awsome.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    ctschirgi:
    JudoChinX:
    ctschirgi:
    My mom planted 400 flowers each spring so we had a lot of whiskey barrel flower pots. You could also swing by Lynchburg, Tenn. The aging barns smell awsome.
    I live in Utah, so no major distilleries over here, but one day I'll totally head over to Kentucky to do the tours.