Home General Discussion

Full to mid bodied suggestions

I've been reading the forums for awhile working through all the samplers i have but i am looking to expand what i have tried. So any ideas on some full bodied gars would be helpful. I have try quite a few but the ones that stand out are ave marie (tasty and smooth), Olivia V series (swear i tated ceder), Diesel unlimited (learned thats not a morning smoke the hard way), La Perla Habana Morado (yummy every time) and of course the MOW Ruination (can you make love to a gar?). I've try some gurkha's like the titan and black dragon and a few of the empire series but i'm not big on the leather ones! So any ideas? I want to call these guys up soon because my huimidor is looking kinda slim! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    LHC OF Particulares (about two months rest seems to be the sweet spot) CAO Mx2 CAO La Triviata Maduro CAO Brazilia Oliva O
  • MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    Keep the budget down....
    Go with the Oliva V, La Flor Dominican Airbender, Padilla Miami or 1932 and the Diesel Unlimited.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    There's a great deal on a sampler of Padilla's best cigars (IMHO), Miami, 1932 and Dominus. All full-bodied and somewhere between $3.50 - $4/each. All of those are winners.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Ill go on the other end and say spend the money----better to have 1 good cigar than 3 blah ones......Opus X, La Flor Dominicana Ligero & Double Ligero (maduro), 601 Green Label, Diamond Crown Maximus, Padron 1926
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Don Pepin Garcia blue.

Arturo Fuente Don Carlos

Camacho Connecticut

5 vegas series A

the list is almost endless. full bodied cigars are in style.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The Camacho Connecticut hits me as a solid medium, odd how perceptions can differ so much over the same cigar. Love it though, it's in the running for my favorite Connecticut.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuba Libre One, RP vintage 1990,
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Padilla Dominus. AFTER a meal ( I learned the hard way).
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    In addition to other Padilla suggestions, I really enjoy the Series 68.
    j0z3r:
    The Camacho Connecticut hits me as a solid medium, odd how perceptions can differ so much over the same cigar. Love it though, it's in the running for my favorite Connecticut.
    i mean he said full to mid. i threw that in there as a mid. not as a full.
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    i mean he said full to mid. i threw that in there as a mid. not as a full.
    Gotcha. That's what I thought when I went back and re-read the title. In that case, I concur.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    If you want great, affordable medium to full bodied, full flavored cigars... look up Don Pepin Garcia and AJ Fernandez. In my opinion they are the best blenders in the industry, and both specialize in med-full bodied cigars. There are a lot of blends from each of them that can be had for sub $5 range (by the box or in samplers). Some personal favs are MoW Puro Authentico, San Cristobal, Tatuaje Havana VI, Ave Maria, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet (no. 4), oh and I can't forget the Cuba Libre One (which is a Plasencia blend). This list goes on and on, but try several and buy what you want. Anything less than what you want is just disappointing.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    BigT06:
    If you want great, affordable medium to full bodied, full flavored cigars... look up Don Pepin Garcia and AJ Fernandez. In my opinion they are the best blenders in the industry, and both specialize in med-full bodied cigars. There are a lot of blends from each of them that can be had for sub $5 range (by the box or in samplers). Some personal favs are MoW Puro Authentico, San Cristobal, Tatuaje Havana VI, Ave Maria, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet (no. 4), oh and I can't forget the Cuba Libre One (which is a Plasencia blend). This list goes on and on, but try several and buy what you want. Anything less than what you want is just disappointing.
    +1
    Could we please add J. Fuego to the list of best blenders please? I will not one up your 2 guys, but for me???? Just giving the guy some love, lol
    Vulchor:
    Could we please add J. Fuego to the list of best blenders please? I will not one up your 2 guys, but for me???? Just giving the guy some love, lol
    J. fuego is the reason why any of you have ever heard of Rocky Patel.
    he is one of the best blenders that never gets mentioned.
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:
    Any of YOU???? YOU?? What are we referring to here Kuz???? lol....j/k man, found it funny for some reason------------------and he is an F'in great blender
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After my experience tonight, I have to add the Est 1844 to the list. Its a great med-full cigar at any price...even better at the current prices!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
    That good huh------Im beginning to consider.
  • SpazzSpazz Posts: 22
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I went ahead and backordered the padilla works sample and grabbed a few others things. And thoughts on alec bradly lineup? I have tried his American Classic and its a solid medium atleast but i don't see those even listed on the site. I dont think i have tried a AJ Fernandez blend i haven't liked. Have yet to try a Don Pepin Garcia that i know of but it's on my list. You all have a great day and thanks again.
    Spazz:
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I went ahead and backordered the padilla works sample and grabbed a few others things. And thoughts on alec bradly lineup? I have tried his American Classic and its a solid medium atleast but i don't see those even listed on the site. I dont think i have tried a AJ Fernandez blend i haven't liked. Have yet to try a Don Pepin Garcia that i know of but it's on my list. You all have a great day and thanks again.
    I love every Alec Bradley that I've had, especially the Tempus & Tempus Maduro! As for DPG, he is second only to AJ Fernandez.

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    Spazz:
    I love every Alec Bradley that I've had, especially the Tempus & Tempus Maduro! As for DPG, he is second only to AJ Fernandez.
    "As for DPG, he is second only to AJ Fernandez"Them there's fighting words,,lol,, Have to kindly disagree with you on that one DB.
    The Kid:
    dbeckom:
    Spazz:
    "As for DPG, he is second only to AJ Fernandez"Them there's fighting words,,lol,, Have to kindly disagree with you on that one DB.
    What ya mean...you like DPG better than AJ?

Most certainly!!,But its all subjective,, Im sure there are many who feel AJ is a better blender. Just as others will prefer DPG But as far as my preference goes I prefer DPG. These guys are artist not unlike (dbl neg) any other artists whether it be a painter, sculpter,musician. So its all in the eye of the beholder, or in this case taster. Here is a list of AJ & DPG blends, im sure its not all inclusive
    Ive also enclosed Wikepedia links for those who may not be familiar with either
    Abdel (AJ) Fernandez Tabacalera Fernandez– NIC- 5 Vegas AAA, A. Fernandez Signature, Ave Maria, Cigar.com Brazilian Label, Diesel, Diesel Unlimited, Esteban Carreras, Graycliff G2, Graycliff Turbo, Gurkha Microbatch S-2, Gurkha Microbatch C-10, Gurkha Microbatch TPB-1, Gurkha Park Avenue, Gurkha Sherpa, Indian Tabac Split Decision, ITC 10 Year, La Cuna Bin 85, La Herencia Cubana Original, Man O’ War, Man O’ War Armada, Man O’ War Puro Authentico, Man O’ War Ruination, Morro Castle, Nica Libre, Padilla Achilles, Padilla Habano, Reposado 96, Rocky Patel 10th Anniversary, Rocky Patel Fusion, San Lotano, San Miguel, Sol Cubano Artisan, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet,
    Here is also a list of DPG blends
    Jose “Pepin” Garcia – El Rey de los Habanos NIC and MIAMI- 5 Vegas Miami, 601 Blue, 601 Green, 601 Original, Cabaiguan, Cigar.com Corojo Label, Cubao, DPG Blue, DPG Cuban Classic Black, DPG JJ Natural and Maduro, El Centurion, El Rey de Los Habanos, Famous 70th Garcia Family, Forcade, La Aroma de Cuba (new blend), La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial, La Reloba, La Riqueza, La Sirena, Mi Barrio, Padilla Miami 8/11, San Cristobal – Ashton, Siboney Reserve, Tabacos Baez and series S.F., Tatuaje, Vegas Cubanas,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepin_Garcia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdel_Fernandez
    Take care my friend!!
    One more thing, I cant really even really say one is better than the other, each has created some fantastic blends. Let me equate it to two rock bands like Pink Floyd and Van Halen.. Both are awesome and each one has created some big hits and if you were to take one single from one band vs a single from another. One song might hit you more than the other.But not to say another band is better, as they both have different styles. Hope this helps explain where I'm coming from. I Like em both, but DPG is more of "my" thing.
    The Kid:
    One more thing, I cant really even really say one is better than the other, each has created some fantastic blends. Let me equate it to two rock bands like Pink Floyd and Van Halen.. Both are awesome and each one has created some big hits and if you were to take one single from one band vs a single from another. One song might hit you more than the other.But not to say another band is better, as they both have different styles. Hope this helps explain where I'm coming from. I Like em both, but DPG is more of "my" thing.
    no... Van Halen sucks.

just kiddin.
    The Kid:
    WOW! You did your homework on that one! Thanks for sharing! I'm actually in total agreement with you for the most part....I love bout everything that each of the two are responsible for. I honestly can't say that I prefer one blender over the other, because as you said, they both have their own unique style. When it comes down to it, with an AJ or DPG blend, you win either way! I guess right now I'm more fixated on the AJ blends because I have just recently started experiencing them. I've always been a great fan of everything DPG!

dbeckom:
    The Kid:
    WOW! You did your homework on that one! Thanks for sharing! I'm actually in total agreement with you for the most part....I love bout everything that each of the two are responsible for. I honestly can't say that I prefer one blender over the other, because as you said, they both have their own unique style. When it comes down to it, with an AJ or DPG blend, you win either way! I guess right now I'm more fixated on the AJ blends because I have just recently started experiencing them. I've always been a great fan of everything DPG!
    "I'm actually in total agreement with you for the most part" What you think Van Halen sucks too,,lol..
    I'm a bit surprised nobody has mentioned Ernesto Carrillo and his EP Carrillo line. For those that are familiar with, and like, the original La Gloria cubana, EPC is a must try.
    Well DB, after trying the San Lotano maddy and the MOW puro,, combined with all the other sticks I love that AJ blends. I have to say my appreciation and admiration for AJ is now at an all time high..
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:

Agreed, contrary to popular opinion the Delirium blows the 777 away.

For me DPG is years ahead of AJ, and Im an AJ fan. AJ cant compete with 601 serie, Cubaos, 1922, JJs, blue/black label etc. IMO of course.