Home General Discussion

Nasalhale** New word**

Funny I know with so many lose terms used, but I don't know how else to explain it. I have found myself smelling the tip of cigars at the end of each draw also drawing the smoke in my nose. Laugh if you want and insert a smart comment or two, but I find the more nasal contact I have with a cigar, similar to wine, the more flavors I pick up. I'm not talking about up your nose with a Fausto. Just smell the smoke as you draw it into your mouth. That last little bit after you finish your draw. Try it and get back with me. Let the ribbing begin.

Comments

• JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    Dude, that's so stupid! ...ok, I'm done ribbing now.

I always smoke like that so I guess the ribbing will apply to both of us!

JDE

• jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I believe someone said you get more flavors and smells if you let just a little our thur the nose during exhale. Not sure about the inhale, but what works one way...could work another!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why retrohaling works so well. There are tiny, hairlike olfactory sensors on the upper surface of the nasal cavity that pick up the aromas and flavors as the smoke passes through on it's way out. Works pretty well.......

• BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    I retrohale 70% of the time but I find if you combine both it takes it to another level.
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    Yous should roll up the cut off piece and stick in a nostril for added flavor .
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Schrooz:
    Yous should roll up the cut off piece and stick in a nostril for added flavor .

Smiley
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'd think it'd be the same as exhaling no? But I'll try if I can!
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    I thought it would be but no. I get so much more from it. I think of it as smelling the smoke allows me to know the scent. Exhaling through retrohale allow me to taste it. It is silly but I use to watch my uncle French inhale a cigar by allowing the smoke roll up from the mouth up to the nose. He would then retrohale the smoke out his nose.
  • adrosadros Posts: 216
    At first i thought retrohaling was a joke the vets played on the newbies. When I finally figured out how to do it, my eyes waterd up and it burned like fire. I thought it was something like going to the ninth hole at nine. I've gotten better at and can handle it ok now, but you can tell when your smoking crap and something good by retrohaleing for sure.
  • kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    No thanks to drawing it in to my lungs!