Home Ratings & Reviews

San Cristobal Elegancia robusto

Just staring the final 3rd on this one. As a lover of all things DGP, it's exactly what I hoped it would be.

A good blast of pepper up front in the first 5 minutes, but with a smoothness and creaminess far beyond any of DPG's other offerings (at least from what I've smoked.) The pepper quickly dies down leaving a soft, smooth profile on the palate. As I experiment, it's clear this cigar really needs to be retrohaled to be fully appreciated. With no retrohale, it's just a well-done connie. But for me, all of the balance and interest comes through the nose. There is enough pepper and spice there to keep me from retrohaling more than about 50% of the smoke. And there is plenty of smoke to go around... it continues to pour of the cigar even while resting, and produces huge plumes on the exhale. It's producing as much smoke as any cigar I've ever had, and the draw is perfect. The smoke is also very aromatic, with a distinct toasted almond quality to it.

Very little nicotine effect to speak of. I'd put this more in the mild-medium category more than the medium category advertised.

This smoke is what I'd hoped the MoW Virtue would be. They chose the right name for this smoke, as the best term I can think of to describe it is "elegant."

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    ndhaon91:
    Just staring the final 3rd on this one. As a lover of all things DGP, it's exactly what I hoped it would be. A good blast of pepper up front in the first 5 minutes, but with a smoothness and creaminess far beyond any of DPG's other offerings (at least from what I've smoked.) The pepper quickly dies down leaving a soft, smooth profile on the palate. As I experiment, it's clear this cigar really needs to be retrohaled to be fully appreciated. With no retrohale, it's just a well-done connie. But for me, all of the balance and interest comes through the nose. There is enough pepper and spice there to keep me from retrohaling more than about 50% of the smoke. And there is plenty of smoke to go around... it continues to pour of the cigar even while resting, and produces huge plumes on the exhale. It's producing as much smoke as any cigar I've ever had, and the draw is perfect. The smoke is also very aromatic, with a distinct toasted almond quality to it. Very little nicotine effect to speak of. I'd put this more in the mild-medium category more than the medium category advertised. This smoke is what I'd hoped the MoW Virtue would be. They chose the right name for this smoke, as the best term I can think of to describe it is "elegant."
    Thanks for the review, appreciate it
  • Sounds like a great cigar.  I love the full-bodied and spicy cigars, but I can't do that all the time.  Need some mild and medium options, but they must be rich and flavorful.  MoW Virtue and Olive Connecticut Reserve fit the bill for me, but eager to try the San Cristobal Elegancia.  Thanks for your review!