Home General Discussion

What a weekend

madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
I just wanted to share my weekend with everyone. I went out of town to visit a buddy who is a fellow aficianado. It became quite a smoke fest. We had some great smokes and good food. Here is a little breakdown of what we smoked. First was a Cuvee Maduro, then a Cohiba Habana Robusto that I brought back from a recent trip out of the country, then a Gurkha shaggy foot, followed by a NUB Cameroon and finished out with a Tatuaje Cojonu 2006. As I parting gift I left my buddy with a petit corona H.Upmann Habana. Ahhh what a wounderful weekend. Looking forward to a few more like that.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    nice!! Ive been looking to try a Gurkha Shaggy but i have yet to do so. any thoughts about it? likes/dislikes? any imput would be great.
  • Nice! Sounds like a good time!

I had a pretty good Memorial Day weekend as well. Saturday and Sunday I had to work, and I ended up not doing anything out of the ordinary for Memorial Day, although I heard there were something like a million Harleys (possibly vets on Harleys, but I don't remember) down on the mall in DC this weekend, which would've been a sight to see. Instead I just made sure to honor all of the great people in this country that are truly working to make the U.S. and the world in general a better place by keeping them in my thoughts.

Spent most of the day relaxing and knocking out some housework, but went over to my girlfriend's parent's house for dinner. Helped her dad work on fixing up the gate to their back yard while her mom finished up dinner. We had steaks/burgers and all the traditional summer fare like corn on the cob. Very good dinner, and the steak was amazing. We sat out on the patio and had some good conversation over a few rounds of Red Stripe, a pretty good Jamaican lager that her dad drinks.

Now I just have to decide what cigar to finish off the day with. I've got a few RP Vintage 1990s left that have been aging for a while that are looking pretty tempting... it was one of the first cigars I had that really knocked me off my feet and made me say "DAMN! That's a fine cigar!", and I haven't had one of those in about 7 months.

How was everyone else's Memorial Day weekend?
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    nice!! Ive been looking to try a Gurkha Shaggy but i have yet to do so. any thoughts about it? likes/dislikes? any imput would be great.
    It was nice thanks kuzi. Its a cool looking cigar with the binder and filler hanging out the foot. The first third of mine was really bland and tight but after I got through that it opened up and got very flavorful, very earthy with noticable hints of espresso. I'd say it was a medium bodied cigar. I wouldn't put it in my regular rotation but it was cool looking and will probably keep one in the humi just to look at and light up from time to time when I'm interested in an earthy cigar.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    gott, I like a good Red Stripe as well. You seen the commercials? HILARIOUS. The RP 1990 is one of my faves as well. I actually smoked a RP 1992 MINIATURE(the little ones in the tin) that had plume on it late last night. How about that? I never wanted this weekend to end. As cigar smoking weekends go it was right up there. The buddy I went up there to see, a couple others and I also have a cigar related business idea brewing. When we get a little further along with cigar.com's permission I'll post it on here. I think its an idea everyone will love even ccom.
  • Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    kuzi16, I really enjoyed the shaggy
  • Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    kuzi16, I really enjoyed the shaggy. Definately worth trying.
  • madurofan:
    gott, I like a good Red Stripe as well. You seen the commercials? HILARIOUS.

Nah, but I googled Red Stripe to see if I remembered the name right (I was confusing it with Red Dot, couldn't remember which was the beer and which was the cigar brand), and the "It's beer! HOORAY BEER!" motto made me chuckle. I'll have to see if any of the commercials are on YouTube.