Home Ratings & Reviews

LHC Core

t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
I wouldn't call this a review but I haven't seen much on these yet so I figured I'd post my experience.

I had the Toro. Pre-light I noticed how good this stick looked, very oily, nice dark wrapper and firm and heavy feel. The draw was perfect. It started out with a peppery blast and a leather/bitter coffee flavor. It didn't take long to notice that maybe the "wrapper brimming with oils" was brimming a little to much. No matter what the wrapper would not stay lit (Kept at 66%rh for 8 weeks).

With what I could pick-up, I see this stick having great aging potential much like the San Lotano IF the burn gets better in the future. It is def. a full bodied smoke and if you like pepper and leather then I believe this smoke will be for you, once some age is obtained. I will revisit again in a few months and see if it improve as much as the San Lotano did imo.

Comments

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Sounds like a good candidate for dry boxing a few days
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    fla-gypsy:
    Sounds like a good candidate for dry boxing a few days
    About 2min after I lit it I was wishing i would have.
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    I think the Core will be a future purchase, as the press it rather good on it. Glad you posted the review and the pointers.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I've had the robusto, it was good, but not great. I agree that these have great aging potential. I took a couple and removed the cello and put them in my aging humi, will revisit in a year or two.

"Long ashes my friends."

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up, I think I'll keep mine aging for a while before trying it out.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Looking forward to trying one of mine, after some good rest of course. ;)
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    This sounds like my kind of smoke, thanks for the review Troy!
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I enjoy these a lot. Im not usually big on box pressed cigars but this one has a nice flavor to it.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I wonder how the different sizes taste compared to the robusto. I usually stick w/ Robo or Torps or Toros.

"Long ashes my friends."

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Krieg:
    I wonder how the different sizes taste compared to the robusto. I usually stick w/ Robo or Torps or Toros.
    There is only one vitola that isn't 52 gauge and it is 54. I'm thinking there is NOT a whole lot of difference between them. I usually smoke toro's too.