Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

LFD Airbender

Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
I'm posting this more as a thank-you than a review. I'm not very good at picking up flavors, but I've got a pretty firm handle on what I like even if I can't describe it or why.

This stick was sent to me in my first bomb (with an identical twin), and I still do not know who the sender was. It was months ago and I'd been waiting for the right time to try it (still waiting for the right time to try one of the 5 Vegas AAA's that went with it). So the other night I was itching to break in the porch at my new apartment and finally grabbed one of these and headed out.

Again, I'm terrible with flavors, but they were very smooth, not overpowering, and just enough pepper for my taste. The burn was flawless, the ash was very firm (had to force it off over an inch in because I felt like it was bad mojo to ash on myself while breaking in the new porch...I'm kinda superstitious in ridiculous ways) and the smoke was thick.

What struck me most about this cigar was that the smoke didn't dry my mouth out. I've read reviews where people talk about this happening, even salivating from the smoke, and this was the first time I've ever experienced it. I have to say it was pretty amazing and definitely made the experience better all-around.

I know this is a bit of a ramble, and not much of a review, but again I just wanted to thank whomever sent this to me for the perfect smoke to help me settle into a new apartment. It was much appreciated, and if I ever find out who you are.... ;)
^Troll: DO NOT FEED.

Comments

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    I'm posting this more as a thank-you than a review. I'm not very good at picking up flavors, but I've got a pretty firm handle on what I like even if I can't describe it or why.

This stick was sent to me in my first bomb (with an identical twin), and I still do not know who the sender was. It was months ago and I'd been waiting for the right time to try it (still waiting for the right time to try one of the 5 Vegas AAA's that went with it). So the other night I was itching to break in the porch at my new apartment and finally grabbed one of these and headed out.

Again, I'm terrible with flavors, but they were very smooth, not overpowering, and just enough pepper for my taste. The burn was flawless, the ash was very firm (had to force it off over an inch in because I felt like it was bad mojo to ash on myself while breaking in the new porch...I'm kinda superstitious in ridiculous ways) and the smoke was thick.

What struck me most about this cigar was that the smoke didn't dry my mouth out. I've read reviews where people talk about this happening, even salivating from the smoke, and this was the first time I've ever experienced it. I have to say it was pretty amazing and definitely made the experience better all-around.

I know this is a bit of a ramble, and not much of a review, but again I just wanted to thank whomever sent this to me for the perfect smoke to help me settle into a new apartment. It was much appreciated, and if I ever find out who you are.... ;)
    I've been wanting to try the Airbender for a while...really looking forward to it. Thanks!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I tried to smoke the chisel Airbender. Knocked my d**k in the dirt. LOL. Good though.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    This is my favorite LFD blend (I think... by the time I post this I will have remembered... Oh way, Litto Gomez Diez Lancero might be better... ehh...) whatever. Yeah, these are phenomenal cigars. I think the Matatan (robusto), Chisel, and Villano (lancero) are the three best sizes by far. The blend has such awesome characteristics... Going to have to go back to the review on my blog, and try to remember all of the details, but I distinctly remember getting a great variety of flavors, from fruit, to vanilla bean, to a bit of cinnamon and pepper. It is a strong cigar, but it is a smooth, slow strength, not a kick you in the nuts, and f*ck you in the @ss strength like the Double Ligero, and for that reason, I much prefer the Air Bender blend. Looking forward to a fuller release of the Air Bender Maduros.
  • Options
    beatnic:
    I tried to smoke the chisel Airbender. Knocked my d**k in the dirt. LOL. Good though.
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I took this one straight in the gut and didn't get to nub it for fear of turning horrible shades of green.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Great cigar. The corona, ponderoso, or whatever it's called is pretty good too.
  • Options
    MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    Russ55:
    Great cigar. The corona, ponderoso, or whatever it's called is pretty good too.
    Absolutely one of my favorite go to sticks...I have a bunch in the corona size too...AWESOME!!
  • Options
    Oh wow, thanks guys, I didn't know they made a corona size. Which one would you call the corona, the Ponderoso (5.5 x 44) or the Villano (7.5 x 38)? I have a terrible time trying to translate numbers into sizes and vice versa. Is the (longer) Vilano more of a lancero?
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Yeah, the Ponderoso is a corona, or maybe a corona gorda, and the Villano a Lancero I think.
  • Options
    Definitely seeing a box of those in my very near future
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Coronas fall in the 4.5-5.5 x 40-43 ring gauge range generally. Lanceros (technically) are 7.4x38, though cigars in the long panetela family are generally referred to as lanceros in the non-cuban market (anything in the 7-8 x 36-40 ring gauge range).
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Diamondog hooked me up with one of these, it was in my top 3 want to try, and I can't wait to fire it up. Letting it settle from it's trip from the great white north before I fire it up!
  • Options
    docbp87:
    Coronas fall in the 4.5-5.5 x 40-43 ring gauge range generally. Lanceros (technically) are 7.4x38, though cigars in the long panetela family are generally referred to as lanceros in the non-cuban market (anything in the 7-8 x 36-40 ring gauge range).
    VERY helpful, thanks doc!