Home Non Cigar Related

MMA Junkies in here

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's true Herb really is hands down one of the top refs. I loved his reaction and then when Tim pleaded to let him continue he was like hell no you're crazy your arm is broken....lol I think Strikeforce will try to resign him, if I remember correctly this was the last fight on his contract, as he's still a big draw. Even after getting beat he got a huge reception from the crowd. The problem is the lack of depth in their HW division. If Sergei was out of the tourny I'd say throw him in there next with Fedor, they'd slug it out. But with the way that's playing out maybe a Werdum rematch so that Fedor can destroy him once and for all.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ0cqWsO5rE&feature=feedu

LMAO at Tito...bahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Go Tito, he won that battle...now I hope he wins the fight. Hopefully Rashad will realize he's not as good as he seems to think he is. I don't think I'll ever be a Tito fan, but I will be rooting for him come Saturday.
    Same here. I feel like Rashad has way too much hype around him. I've never been a fan of either but given the logjam in the 205 division a win by Tito would really shake things up. Plus I'd like to see Tito stick around for awhile longer. Sucks seeing almost all the old timers gone
    So it's time to do some UFC 133 picks:
    Evans vs Ortiz: Evans (really want Tito to win but yeah)
    Belfort vs Akiyama: Belfort will destroy Akiyama
    Hallman vs Ebersol: Ebersol
    Rivera vs Philippou: Philippou
    MacDonald vs Pyle: Pyle
    My heart says Tito, but my head says Rashad. Hope the heart wins out, but...
    Belfort
    Hallman
    Rivera
    MacDonald
    j0z3r:
    My heart says Tito, but my head says Rashad. Hope the heart wins out, but...
    Belfort
    Hallman
    Rivera
    MacDonald
    Well I see we're the same on Tito and Rashad.....lol
    Can't wait to see how it goes...I'm notoriously bad at making picks most times.
    I usually do decently as long as I go with my head and not my heart. The last 2 cards I was waayyy off though so yeah lol
    j0z3r:
    Can't wait to see how it goes...I'm notoriously bad at making picks most times.
    You got the first one right!
    ENFIDL:
    I did pretty good tonight. 4 outta 5 ain't bad
    Post UFC 133 Matches to Make:
    Evans vs the winner of Jones vs Rampage for LHW title
    Ortiz vs Rich Franklin
    Belfort vs loser of Silva vs Okami
    Akiyama should be cut by the UFC
    Ebersol vs Brenneman
    Hallman vs ???
    Rivera should retire
    Philippou vs Koscheck
    MacDonald vs winner of Shields vs Story or winner of Ellenberger vs Shields
    Pyle vs ???

These are just my thoughts on what I'd like to see.
    ENFIDL:
    ENFIDL:
    Good picks, I thought Rivera could pull it out, but he refused to throw multiple combinations, every time he landed good he either backed off or clinched. Ebersole was pretty impressive, his next fight should be against an upper echelon fighter, he's potentially good enough to warrant the.move up in competition. It's good to see Belfort fighting near his potential again...Akiyama is not exactly the great fighter they wanted him to be, but the dude is tough and Vitor made him look silly...I wonder what kind of controversy there is over the back of head blows Vitor landed, it looked like those were the shots that put sexy out.
    j0z3r:
    ENFIDL:
    ENFIDL:
    Good picks, I thought Rivera could pull it out, but he refused to throw multiple combinations, every time he landed good he either backed off or clinched. Ebersole was pretty impressive, his next fight should be against an upper echelon fighter, he's potentially good enough to warrant the.move up in competition. It's good to see Belfort fighting near his potential again...Akiyama is not exactly the great fighter they wanted him to be, but the dude is tough and Vitor made him look silly...I wonder what kind of controversy there is over the back of head blows Vitor landed, it looked like those were the shots that put sexy out.
    I do feel like Ebersole needs to be tested but they usually bring those guys up real slow. When I made my next fight picks I almost put the winner of Shileds vs Ellenberger. I still think that'd be a good fight for him.

There's already a ton of people screaming about the punches I saw. I agree it looks like that's what put him out but I don't think that he would have recovered from the shots that dropped him personally. I love seeing Vitor being himself and hopefully he'll keep it up and not get all gun shy like he's prone to doing in big fights. Akiyama is one tough guy who always comes to fight but he just can't put it all together in the UFC it seems like. Which sucks I was hoping he'd add another contender to 185 when he came in.
    Definitely, Akiyama wasn't making it out of that round. I just find it strange that people get all up in arms over unintentional shots to the back of the head, happens every time there is even a questionable back of head shot. Hardcore MMA fans (present company excluded) need to get a life and quit over-analyzing every damned thing.
    Exactly! Crap happens. It's hard to not sometimes do stuff like grab the cage or hit someone where they shouldn't be hit, etc. I've never and will never join an mma forum. Those guys are a bunch of clowns from what I've seen. Everytime anything happens they get all crazy and there will be 10 threads on the same thing.
    So now that Tito v Rashad is over and done, what do you think about Okami Silva? Does Okami have the wrestling chops to grind out Anderson ala Sonnen, or does he get dropped at some point looking to tie up? I think Okami is clever enough to avoid standing and trading, but I wonder if he's fluid enough to use his striking to set up a clinch game and get the take down and then keep it down. Should be interesting, but I've got a hard time seeing Okami walk away with the W. What do you think about this match-up? I will say it has been a long time coming for Okami, he's been one of the most solid fighters at MW for a few years now. Speaking of middleweights, it's cool to see Mayhem coming to the big show, I don't really care for TUF, but I'm gonna tune in to see him...for a couple episodes anyway, he's a good personality, especially against Bisping.
    I'm really happy for Okami that he's finally getting his shot. He's been a workhorse and has only lost twice in the last 5 years. Which is impressive. I think that Okami will come in ready to use his striking to set up his takedowns but I think that he won't be able to go 5 rounds with Anderson. I think round 4 or 5 after all the takedowns/takedown attempts and trying to hold Anderson down that he will tire out and Anderson will then finish the fight. Or he'll pull some crazy flying backward flip front side to side whip kick that Segal taught him and knock out Okami...lol

I am excited too about Mayhem coming to the UFC and I hate TUF, it's ridiculous anymore, but it should be epic watching him and Bisping flipping out on each other. Bisping gets so mad so fast....it'll be fantastic!

Now I have a question. How do you think the winner of Shogun vs Forrest should be handled? I think they should either be lined up for the next shot after Rashad gets his or should maybe fight the loser of Rampage vs Jones to line up an opponent for whoever the LHW champion is or maybe fight Machida to line up a numero uno contendor. Personally I think Shogun has this one in the bag and will wreck Forrest. I love Forrest but Shogun is fired up and on home turf. That's hard to top
    IF Shogun comes in the shape he came in for Shogun Machida II, he absolutely wrecks Forrest, no doubt in my mind. So assuming Shogun wins, he gets loser of Rampage Jones. If, otoh, Forrest wins, I'd like to see him matched with Machida, but would not hate seeing him fight the aforementioned loser. To me, Shogun should be nearing title contention with a win, but I don't know if Forrest should have the same consideration right now should he pick up the W, I'd like to see one more fight for him before he gets.into contender status.
    Forrest would def need another fight. He hasn't beat any top guys in awhile and with the loser of Jones vs Rampage and Machida out there like you said it'd be hard to justify Forrest getting a shot. I really hope Shogun shows up in top shape and wrecks him. I think he can beat Jones, Rampage or Evans and get the belt back. He's still hands down my fav LHW
    I'm interested to see how Minotoro does following his surgeries and lengthy layoff. I really want to see him do well and really hope Schaub is not able to make a name for himself by beating yet another of the old guard. I'm still not sold on "the Hybrid" being as good as some like to say, maybe it was his embarrassing loss to Roy Nelson, but I just have a hard time seeing him crack the top of the division...but, for all I know he may develop into a world beater, who knows? That said, I don't see him beating Cain or Dos Santos...at least assuming Cain comes back 100% or near enough to it.
    I see The Hybrid being a gate keeper at best personally. He couldn't possibly hang with Cain, JDS, Carwin, etc. Did you see Hamill retired? I was shocked but honestly good for him. He said he doesn't have the drive anymore so he's gonna call it a career. Very admirable imo.
    Good interview with Jim Miller. I really like the guy, he shows what being a class act and a hell of a fighter is all about. Link
    That's a really good interview. I really like the Miller brothers. I think Jim has a serious shot at 155. I have a ton of respect for the fact that he has just performed and not hyped himself up to get to where he's at. Very uncommon practice that I love!
    Definitely in agreement there. I think his skill set.is superior in every way to Bendo's, and I'm taking Miller to win, probably via UD, Henderson is tough to put away.

Here's my picks for the Versus card, let's see how they stack up this time.

Lytle
    Miller
    Sadollah
    Oliveira

Should be interesting, Cerrone Oliveira is a real pick'em and should be exciting.
    j0z3r:
    Definitely in agreement there. I think his skill set.is superior in every way to Bendo's, and I'm taking Miller to win, probably via UD, Henderson is tough to put away.

Here's my picks for the Versus card, let's see how they stack up this time.

Lytle
    Miller
    Sadollah
    Oliveira

Should be interesting, Cerrone Oliveira is a real pick'em and should be exciting.
    I'm with you on all except I got Cerrone in the last one. Should be a wild one with those two. You're right Henderson is one tough mother who doesn't get put away easy even in championship rounds.
    I'm changing my pick from Lytle to Hardy. I think he'll pull it out but he's days as being a contender are over
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    IF Shogun comes in the shape he came in for Shogun Machida II, he absolutely wrecks Forrest, no doubt in my mind. So assuming Shogun wins, he gets loser of Rampage Jones. If, otoh, Forrest wins, I'd like to see him matched with Machida, but would not hate seeing him fight the aforementioned loser. To me, Shogun should be nearing title contention with a win, but I don't know if Forrest should have the same consideration right now should he pick up the W, I'd like to see one more fight for him before he gets.into contender status.
    I had thought Rampage/Jones was a #1 contenders match (goin with Jones imo as Rampage is overrated), but don't count Forrest out for even a second as I think he gets underestimated a lot. I would think a win would put him into contention again, but you never know...
    Hayblet:
    j0z3r:
    I had thought Rampage/Jones was a #1 contenders match (goin with Jones imo as Rampage is overrated), but don't count Forrest out for even a second as I think he gets underestimated a lot. I would think a win would put him into contention again, but you never know...
    Jones vs Rampage is for the title. Jones is the current LHW Champion. Forrest has beaten anybody of significance in awhile. His is on a 2 fight win streak but those were against Tito and Rich. Don't get me wrong I love Forrest but I think even if he beat Shogun again that he would still be atleast 1-2 fights from a title shot after the way he got wrecked by Rashad and Anderson.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    Hayblet:
    j0z3r:
    Jones vs Rampage is for the title. Jones is the current LHW Champion. Forrest has beaten anybody of significance in awhile. His is on a 2 fight win streak but those were against Tito and Rich. Don't get me wrong I love Forrest but I think even if he beat Shogun again that he would still be atleast 1-2 fights from a title shot after the way he got wrecked by Rashad and Anderson.
    guess I need to get back into MMA again, been so damn busy gettng ready to move.