Home Ratings & Reviews

CAO MX2

I really enjoyed this cigar from beginning to end. The flavor was consistant all the way through. However, I did have to relight it more than once when I had not sat it down for more than a minute. I should mention this was not purchased through Ccom. I've not had any problems like this from their sticks! This is one I'd really like to try again and/or hear more feedback on before I draw any final conclusions. But despite having to relight it a couple of times, overall it was very satisfying!

Comments

• CAO is the first brand I feel in love with,and the MX2 is one the sticks that helped me do it, My palate has developed into liking more complex sticks now, but Ill still find myself enjoying a MX2 when the mood hits. I find that rest in my humidor(I try to keep to a 3 month min if received through mail) keeps most of if not all of my cigars from having any burn issues. I think if you like the MX2 you might wanna try a Camacho Triple Maduro.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    It's a great stick. I haven't tried all that many CAOs, and the ones I have I did not think were all that great. Black, Gold, Italia, I think. But the MX2 I really like. This reminds me, I need to buy more.
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    mustluvcigars:
    I think if you like the MX2 you might wanna try a Camacho Triple Maduro.
    Thanks man! Getting ready to place an order and will now pick up a few on your recommendation!
  • Smokeee:
    mustluvcigars:
    Thanks man! Getting ready to place an order and will now pick up a few on your recommendation!
    Hope you are very impressed with them, let us know what you think when get to try it. IMHO they are well worth the sticker price. For a bargain stick try the Punch Rothschild Maduro Maduro.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    trying this out tonight...first off the light it was really spicy to me! weird but good.....now one inch in still a tad spicy, kinda leathery too, but smoothing out...complex with each puff though which is new for me lol...its good...not box worthy as i like the brazilia a lot more...but still good...i have one in box pressed which i will try in a few weeks and see if its diff.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Had my first one of these last night - only in humi 2 months - so that may be an issue.
    Lots of pepper, lots of spice...........not a lot of smoke and very little good tobacco flavor.
    Big hot cherry, wasn't tunneling, but tasted like it was, good burn, but little smoke....did I mention lots of pepper....and pretty bitter towards the end.

Not a stick for me - hopefully it was just a bad one.
    C to C- (70-73 pts on the CA scale)

• RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    My favorite of the X line. Plenty of flavors, nice burn and moderately complex.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    My favorite of the X line. Plenty of flavors, nice burn and moderately complex.
    I must have got a dud......most people gave good reviews...but I did also find some bad reviews.....so maybe there's some funky ones out there?
    I have another one that I'm gonna rest a while more - and it will get a dry box of at least 8 - 12 hours before I smoke it - see if that helps.......the dang thing just didn't make any smoke, and pepper was heavy all the way thru......good burn though........weird.

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I always enjoyed the "X" line by CAO. But the true jewel in the Cao lineup is the La Traviata. I gotta start another search for these things.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    I always enjoyed the "X" line by CAO. But the true jewel in the Cao lineup is the La Traviata. I gotta start another search for these things.
    I agree 100%...the La Traviata is an awesome line of smokes! I wish you could get em on C.com, but I've only found em at B&M's

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    It's a great stick. I haven't tried all that many CAOs, and the ones I have I did not think were all that great. Black, Gold, Italia, I think. But the MX2 I really like. This reminds me, I need to buy more.
    It's funny how palates change over time. I don't think I agree with the above at all anymore.
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    KingoftheCove:
    Had my first one of these last night - only in humi 2 months - so that may be an issue.
    Lots of pepper, lots of spice...........not a lot of smoke and very little good tobacco flavor.
    Big hot cherry, wasn't tunneling, but tasted like it was, good burn, but little smoke....did I mention lots of pepper....and pretty bitter towards the end.

Not a stick for me - hopefully it was just a bad one.
    C to C- (70-73 pts on the CA scale)

I had the same issues with the Mx2. I have another sitting in the humi that I'm going to let get a few months on it before I try it again.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I had a similar experience with the MX2 I smoked. I took the others I have and put them down for the long nap in my aging humi. and plan on revisiting them in a year or two.
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    I enjoy this cigar. Nice rich maduro flavor. The box press really shines.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed this cigar. I have three in the humi that I'm gonna let rest for another while.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    It's not the most complex cigar, but I do enjoy the sweet maduro flavor of them. My B&M have them in the robusto and I find it's a frequent go-to for me when I can't decide what I want.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Smokeee:
    mustluvcigars:
    I disagree with this statement, while the two are both heavy on the maduro the profiles are starkly different. I love the MX2, the Triple Maddy is just ehh

The MX2 is one of my all time favorites, it goes particularly well with a spicy Whiskey or Whisky ;)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Smokeee:
    mustluvcigars:
    I disagree with this statement, while the two are both heavy on the maduro the profiles are starkly different. I love the MX2, the Triple Maddy is just ehh

The MX2 is one of my all time favorites, it goes particularly well with a spicy Whiskey or Whisky ;)
    of course, im the opposite. camacho is maduro done right.

who woulda seen that coming ?
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    Smokeee:
    mustluvcigars:

YESSSSS!!!!

It's the OLD Rocky vs. Gurkha rivalry back in action!!!!

*Gets Popcorn*
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    Smokeee:
    mustluvcigars:

Ha of course we disagree on that. BUT do we disagree on the fact that these two are very different? I doubt it.
    thats true. they are very different.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    IMO, the camacho triple maduro was alot better when they first came out. I remember smoking my first during the black band project. Now that was a damn good smoke. Today they're just "eh".

"Long ashes my friends."

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    IMO, the camacho triple maduro was alot better when they first came out. I remember smoking my first during the black band project. Now that was a damn good smoke. Today they're just "eh".
    What maduro's would you consider to be better?
    The Kid:
    Krieg:
    What maduro's would you consider to be better?
    Davidoff Maduro...