Home Cigar 101

Tupperdor, show em if you got em

blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
So I just made my first tupperdor. After 3 humidors filling up way too fast, my latest being a 300ct diablo, I decided I wanted more storage room so I could buy full boxes of my fav's to store & grow old with.
I went with a standard walmart rubbermaid or something like that, I think it was around 64 qt, & one 10' roll of weatherstrip seal to create a more airtight seal. After 3 days of crumpled newspapers & baking soda to remove the smell, I started to load up older empty boxes to prepare the seasoning process. 3 more days to get the seasoning finished & it settled down perfectly to 70% after my beads were placed in. I let that sit for 2 more days to be sure everything was perfect. All in all a very easy process, & its amazing how you can get any large amount of storage you want doing this. I wish I would have known to do this when I 1st got into cigars, then I wouldn't have 3 additional humidors to keep watch on & maintain.
So after my experience I figured I'd really like to see what everyone elses tupperdors look like, if you use them. Its amazing the possibilities you can get with these containers, & amazing how simple it is. Please post pics if you have a tupperdor & would like to share. I'll get my pics up later this evening, at work now (on a Saturday - BS!)

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    blurr:
    So I just made my first tupperdor. After 3 humidors filling up way too fast, my latest being a 300ct diablo, I decided I wanted more storage room so I could buy full boxes of my fav's to store & grow old with.
    I went with a standard walmart rubbermaid or something like that, I think it was around 64 qt, & one 10' roll of weatherstrip seal to create a more airtight seal. After 3 days of crumpled newspapers & baking soda to remove the smell, I started to load up older empty boxes to prepare the seasoning process. 3 more days to get the seasoning finished & it settled down perfectly to 70% after my beads were placed in. I let that sit for 2 more days to be sure everything was perfect. All in all a very easy process, & its amazing how you can get any large amount of storage you want doing this. I wish I would have known to do this when I 1st got into cigars, then I wouldn't have 3 additional humidors to keep watch on & maintain.
    So after my experience I figured I'd really like to see what everyone elses tupperdors look like, if you use them. Its amazing the possibilities you can get with these containers, & amazing how simple it is. Please post pics if you have a tupperdor & would like to share. I'll get my pics up later this evening, at work now (on a Saturday - BS!)
    Good job, look forward to seeing the pics
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Heres mine its a rubbermaid, can't remember the size at all but its currently holding 51 cigars and could easily hold 100+,its where I keep overflow from 50ct desktop humidor, but of course I just need to man up and make a coolidor when I run out of storage room which as long as my wallet agrees will be soon.
    Photobucket
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielruas:
    Heres mine its a rubbermaid, can't remember the size at all but its currently holding 51 cigars and could easily hold 100+,its where I keep overflow from 50ct desktop humidor, but of course I just need to man up and make a coolidor when I run out of storage room which as long as my wallet agrees will be soon.
    Photobucket
    I have 3 of the large Rubbermaid containers for humidor overflow. They have between 180 and 240 in each. I'm hoping they'll do till I get a wine cooler for my b'day

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Sorry it took me so long, heres a quick photo. The only boxes I have are Est. 1844 No. 50 & a full box of Joya De Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo Peligroso. The other boxes will just be for a few loose sticks, but this is going to be filled up with boxes of my favorites.
    Tupperdor
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    blurr, check your pm, sent u one a while back.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Looks nice blurr. I am going to put together a tupperdor/coolerdor this winter when I find 3-4 boxes of my favorites...nice touch on the weather stripping too!
  • image mine isint special and obviously very low but funds is the name of the game the case next to it is my guilty pleasure the acid nasty.. sorry guys lol
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    Gurkha Man!:
    image mine isint special and obviously very low but funds is the name of the game the case next to it is my guilty pleasure the acid nasty.. sorry guys lol
    i use that exact tupperdor. works GREAT. Been using the same Boveda pack for about 8 months. Holds about 120 sticks too.
  • yeah i like this cause it has the seal in it which is very nice i dont have to make anything and hold the humidity very well i dont have 120 sticks lol so looks like it will be awhile
    dbeckom:
    danielruas:
    Photobucket
    I have 3 of the large Rubbermaid containers for humidor overflow. They have between 180 and 240 in each. I'm hoping they'll do till I get a wine cooler for my b'day
    What Punch is that, the one with what looks like to be a Boston Bruins logo on the lower band?
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    dbeckom:
    danielruas:
    Photobucket
    What Punch is that, the one with what looks like to be a Boston Bruins logo on the lower band?
    My God, you're right! Boston Bruins have their own cigar, WAHOO!!!!!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    bigharpoon:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    dbeckom:
    danielruas:
    Photobucket
    That would be COMPLETELY badass! I want a Chicago Bears one!

• danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    The Sniper:
    bigharpoon:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    dbeckom:
    danielruas:
    Photobucket

It's just a regular punch but yes it has a bruins band on it, they released them right after they won the Eastern conference before the Stanley Cup finals, they also released a Hoya De Monterrey Excalibur Dark Knight with the Bruins band, I picked up a couple of each before the cup finals, I'd like to pick up a box now but now they're impossible to find.
    danielruas:
    The Sniper:
    bigharpoon:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    dbeckom:
    danielruas:
    Photobucket

It's just a regular punch but yes it has a bruins band on it, they released them right after they won the Eastern conference before the Stanley Cup finals, they also released a Hoya De Monterrey Excalibur Dark Knight with the Bruins band, I picked up a couple of each before the cup finals, I'd like to pick up a box now but now they're impossible to find.
    That's awesome man...I was pulling hard for Boston. They are a top 4 favorite team of mine