Home Ratings & Reviews

CAO OSA Sol

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
Anyone got any intel on these yet?

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a fiver of them. About to review them. Will let you know.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Please do, I'm interested in adding these to my CAO collection
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    got a 5er too. letting them rest up. Might light one this weekend. Will let you know.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Had one this morning with my coffee.
    Its only been resting for about a week. I just smoked it while doing some work online so wasn't paying it much attention. Nothing about it got me to focus on it good or bad. Milder than other sticks I smoke. Will let the others sit for 1-3-6 months and see what happens.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty mild to me and not very complex. Flavor was unique and good but the start and finish were pretty much the same. Might be because it was pretty mild for my taste. I have a few more so I am going to smoke another one to see if I can nail down the flavors. Better review to come after I try another.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    jsnake:
    Pretty mild to me and not very complex. Flavor was unique and good but the start and finish were pretty much the same. Might be because it was pretty mild for my taste. I have a few more so I am going to smoke another one to see if I can nail down the flavors. Better review to come after I try another.
    I had a TOTALLY different experience this morning with this stick.

Had it in the robusto, smoke time was around an hour with a razor sharp burn throughout, no touch-ups required. I would agree with it being a mild, but would rate it as leaning towards the medium end of mild if that makes sense??? Anyway, this stick had a yummy creamy flavor as a base, and I got good complexity out of it throughout including earth, coffee and CARAMEL! Nubbed this one until it burned my fingers, then had a few more puffs until it burned my lips. Then put up with that pain for a couple more puffs because I did NOT want this smoke to end!

Absolutely loved this cigar, and it has instantly gone to #1 on my CAO favorites list AND into my overall Top 10. Will be buying at LEAST one box of these in the very near future. Strongly recommended. Fire this one up when you've got time to pay a little attention to it with a clear palette and I think you will enjoy it as much as I did.

Sniper OUT!

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    The Sniper:
    jsnake:
    I had a TOTALLY different experience this morning with this stick.

Had it in the robusto, smoke time was around an hour with a razor sharp burn throughout, no touch-ups required. I would agree with it being a mild, but would rate it as leaning towards the medium end of mild if that makes sense??? Anyway, this stick had a yummy creamy flavor as a base, and I got good complexity out of it throughout including earth, coffee and CARAMEL! Nubbed this one until it burned my fingers, then had a few more puffs until it burned my lips. Then put up with that pain for a couple more puffs because I did NOT want this smoke to end!

Absolutely loved this cigar, and it has instantly gone to #1 on my CAO favorites list AND into my overall Top 10. Will be buying at LEAST one box of these in the very near future. Strongly recommended. Fire this one up when you've got time to pay a little attention to it with a clear palette and I think you will enjoy it as much as I did.

Sniper OUT!

Oops, almost forgot - at a little more than $5 a stick, you arent going to believe the stick you get for the money.

One more note, after reading some reviews people are agreeing that the robusto is THE size to get this stick in, as the other two sizes it comes in seem to be very different (read: good, but not phenominal) experiences than the robusto.

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I just got one from the Kelly Deal, been sitting for about a week...

Started great, very mild, but a nice little guy to just sit by your side...

But THEN, about halfway through the thing just went sour... Just bitter and the flavor sharply changed.

Either a bad stick or a YOUNG stick... It didn't turn absolutely GHASTLY, but with the wind going and the nip to the air I put it down... I also brushed my teeth right away to get the taste outta my mouth
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I have 2 I think I might have to see how my experience goes, I might fire this up tonight or tomorrow.
  • Got 6 of these. tried one today, it was good. very mild, but i enjoyed it. the ask wasnt holding for me though, gonna let them sit in my humi for a lil and try it again. but the price on these sticks is great for what they are.