Home Cigar 101

chewey smoke

Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
Can anyone discribe chewey smoke?
:p

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    very thick.
    the cigar that i can best discribe this quality with is the Tatuaje 100% connecticut cigar that recently came out. (i cant remember the name of that one right now) but there is a chewy sweetness to it. i think much of this discriptor has to do with how the flavor itself and the texture of the smoke work. ive had some heavy mouth feels without it being "chewy" so the thicker smoke isnt it alone.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    La Casita Criolla
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    There seem to be some cigars where it never seems to stop on the release of the puff and its thicker than thick. Your really thick wrappers seem to have this the most often, but not exclusively. I find it alot in those pennsylvania broadleaf wrappers and those padron anniversary series smokes. Leathery is usually used in combination with chewey
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ironhorse:
    I find it alot in those pennsylvania broadleaf wrappers
    yes
    especially the 5 vegas AAA.

good call on that one.
  • MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    kuzi16:
    very thick.
    the cigar that i can best discribe this quality with is the Tatuaje 100% connecticut cigar that recently came out. (i cant remember the name of that one right now) but there is a chewy sweetness to it. i think much of this discriptor has to do with how the flavor itself and the texture of the smoke work. ive had some heavy mouth feels without it being "chewy" so the thicker smoke isnt it alone.
    The La Casita Criolla perhaps?
  • Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    lol how did you manage that, i thought it was impossible to describe :P
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have experienced it with some of the better corojo wrappers I have smoked but it is very hard to describe. When you get one, you know it because you don't want it to ever end!
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    The Diesel unlimited is my favorite cigar for this purpose. I cut off the last 1.5 inches before the ash hits it. Then leave it in my mouth and chew it for 1-4 hours after. The wrapper holds up and still tastes great even unlit. I would do this to my Macanudo maduro and 1997 but that last 1.5 inches is going to get burned.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i had a fonseca vintage i thought was chewy also the mac. 97 maduro
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    down to the last half of my my father le 2011 and its gettin chewy! love the rosado leaf , pairing great with my dogfish head ipa 60