Home Non Cigar Related

HP Touchpad

JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
So how about that HP touchpad? I work for Best Buy and when we unleashed those suckers for $100 it was like Black Friday. I hate greedy ignorant customers! I wanted one to hack and install Android on one but nooo people bought like 3-5 a piece. Oh well =/. Just seeing what others thought about this.
"Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I'm quite pissed at the price drop...I picked a 32gb brand new up off eBay about a month ago...thought I was getting a deal by saving about $100 off retail ($549.99 at the time) and now it's $150...sigh...
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    So how about that HP touchpad? I work for Best Buy and when we unleashed those suckers for $100 it was like Black Friday. I hate greedy ignorant customers! I wanted one to hack and install Android on one but nooo people bought like 3-5 a piece. Oh well =/. Just seeing what others thought about this.
    You work at the Double B as well??? Well whaddaya know... (Just don't let some of the other guys know, they HATE us!)
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    JSaint:
    It's a good tablet for the money. I would take the Galaxy or Xoom over it, but for 1/3-1/2 the price how can you go wrong!...I also worked for BBY up until last June, store 317 if I remember correctly
    Lasabar:
    JSaint:
    You work at the Double B as well??? Well whaddaya know... (Just don't let some of the other guys know, they HATE us!)
    It looks like there is a whole clan of us...BBBotL, haha.
  • I am an alumnus of store #13 in Fargo, ND.
    Smoky the Bear:
    I am an alumnus of store #13 in Fargo, ND.
    No schitt? I live in Fargo currently, I worked in the GrandForks on when I was up at UND
  • Small world, I have a brother at the U right now. Was through Fargo for the first time in about 8 years last summer....town has changed a lot from my college years and that wasn't that long ago.
    Smoky the Bear:
    Small world, I have a brother at the U right now. Was through Fargo for the first time in about 8 years last summer....town has changed a lot from my college years and that wasn't that long ago.
    Wow, very small world. Amazing how much West Fargo has grown and then the expansion into South Fargo. How old is your brother at UND?
  • He'd be a senior. Transferred in from Montana State a few years ago.
  • When I left in '04 there was nothing south of the softball fields on S. 45th. Now its on big development.
    Smoky the Bear:
    When I left in '04 there was nothing south of the softball fields on S. 45th. Now its on big development.
    ==>Ok, yeah it has blown up west and south for sure. Another new HS in S.Fargo on like 72nd Ave S, big new Hornbachers on 45th and 45th Ave S...plus a new 9 hole golf course over there...Amazing how the economy is growing
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Count me in the club as well, guys. I work for Corporate.

The Touchpad sales were supposed to be limit one per customer. Funny, I was sitting next to someone from HP on a plane the day before they pulled them and she was talking about how great it was, had no idea it was about to be aborted.
  • i worked at bad buy about two years ago i heard they have ruined the discounts for employees now
    zoom6zoom:
    Count me in the club as well, guys. I work for Corporate.

The Touchpad sales were supposed to be limit one per customer. Funny, I was sitting next to someone from HP on a plane the day before they pulled them and she was talking about how great it was, had no idea it was about to be aborted.
    Where do you work in Corporate? I've been there many a-time, especially working for SAS and going to all the meetings and such I also have had many friends and a current employee as an intern there right now.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Gurkha Man!:
    i worked at bad buy about two years ago i heard they have ruined the discounts for employees now
    Yup it was crushed. Oh well what can you do ya know?
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Lassie, I work FOR corporate, not AT corporate. Big difference! (will send ya a PM). The discount change wasn't really all that bad except on things like cables and such. On most SKU's it won't make any difference at all.

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    *Pops on thread... glares with the mean mugg... leaves muttering curses under breath*

zoom6zoom:
    Lassie, I work FOR corporate, not AT corporate. Big difference! (will send ya a PM). The discount change wasn't really all that bad except on things like cables and such. On most SKU's it won't make any difference at all.

Oh yeah baby! I gotcha, PM Replied!
    stephen_hannibal:
    *Pops on thread... glares with the mean mugg... leaves muttering curses under breath*

LOVE YOU!
    Lasabar:
    stephen_hannibal:

LOVE YOU!
    This made me laugh so hard I almost dropped my sweet tea.

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    WebOS is not bad software actually...HP just uses **** hardware. No wonder MS is hiring all the WebOS developers.

"Long ashes my friends."

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    this thread got hijacked, i was wanting to here some REAL *** about the HP Tablet We are in the Market... I HATE ANYTHING APPLE there crap IS way over rated and I hate being Jammed up buy all there crap. I have been checking out this new Dell Duo..... its amazing , heavy but its a Tablet, Laptop Awesomeness....... My WIfe is Really needing a GOOD Tablet for her HWOrk and it sucks shes being steered towards APPLE but you have no flash and word or any other decent BUISNESS SOftware isnt there,,,, its an over sized I POd Touch and a TOY for GAMERS and YOU TUBE JUNKIES! LOL
    Ok HP touchpads are back in at best buy buy but only for tomorrow I am sure lol. I got mine today and it sucks apple killed it so quickly. Its a good tablet.
    JSaint:
    Ok HP touchpads are back in at best buy buy but only for tomorrow I am sure lol. I got mine today and it sucks apple killed it so quickly. Its a good tablet.
    Damn I kinda want one.

Redtailhawkoz:
    this thread got hijacked, i was wanting to here some REAL *** about the HP Tablet We are in the Market... I HATE ANYTHING APPLE there crap IS way over rated and I hate being Jammed up buy all there crap. I have been checking out this new Dell Duo..... its amazing , heavy but its a Tablet, Laptop Awesomeness....... My WIfe is Really needing a GOOD Tablet for her HWOrk and it sucks shes being steered towards APPLE but you have no flash and word or any other decent BUISNESS SOftware isnt there,,,, its an over sized I POd Touch and a TOY for GAMERS and YOU TUBE JUNKIES! LOL
    Sorry to hear that you u hate Apple products so much, I'm not a fanboi or anything, but Ipad is best on the market when it comes to tablets. As for "business" software, there isn't anything I can't do with it I can't do on my laptop, even manage my VMware servers. Only thing about other tablets is most of the time (if it's not android) you are severely limited in the apps they make for the device. You might hate Apple products, but when it comes down to it when a developer makes an app, they are gonna make it first for the Ipad...then droid. Hit or miss on anything else (WebOS for example).

"Long ashes my friends."

Best thing about the touchpad that i have found out. Free snes emulator lol.
    JSaint:
    Best thing about the touchpad that i have found out. Free snes emulator lol.
    that's a damn good benefit ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• just bought myself one! can't wait to try er out.. i was going to buy a kindle for all my college books this year but even the shittiest kindle cant be had for $100 so i figured might as well just go with a tablet and download all my ebooks on that! atleast i most likely wont have to haul my alienware laptop back and forth to school now and risk breaking it or it being stolen! pretty pumped!
    acsamples79:
    just bought myself one! can't wait to try er out.. i was going to buy a kindle for all my college books this year but even the shittiest kindle cant be had for $100 so i figured might as well just go with a tablet and download all my ebooks on that! atleast i most likely wont have to haul my alienware laptop back and forth to school now and risk breaking it or it being stolen! pretty pumped!
    now that Amazon has come out with their "cloud reader" u can use any tablet u want, don't need the apple kindle app.

"Long ashes my friends."

• zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    If anyone of you guys come across a HP Tablet and dont want it, please buy it for me and I will pay you back and cover shipping and send you some nice stogies.

Looking for 2, 3, however many...
    Thanks!