Home Cigar 101

DPG My Father Le Bijou 1922 Box Pressed Torpedo issue

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
So I just got this in today and pulled em out the bag. Well one of them felt a bit funny, so I started examining it a bit more. The others were nice and firm, no soft spots. I checked some other cigars as well, and all nice and firm. I know DPG usually has some great quality control, maybe missed one. I'll let the pictures do the rest.

Any idea what this could be? Missing some tobacco? How can it pass a quality control test?

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Hadn't seen that before,,
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    I think that is their new hour glass box press shape. Limited edition if I am not mistaken...
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Wow that is insane. I would definitely contact someone about that.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Yea, I was pretty surprised when I noticed it. Might send this picture to DPG company.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Uh. Wow. Looks like a buncher may have checked out for the day before that gem was made.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    As much as I love My Father cigars, I have had some quality control issues on more than one occasion. Sucks.
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    docbp87:
    As much as I love My Father cigars, I have had some quality control issues on more than one occasion. Sucks.
    +1
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Aw he11 - if I just bombed gmill with these to memorialize his recently passed dad and they end up having issues like that Im gonna be VOLCANICALLY pi$$ed!!!

• jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Let us know if you do. I always wonder how the customer service is for these companies. The retailers have always had pretty good customer service, but going directly to the DPG company is huge!
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    jr_p951:
    Let us know if you do. I always wonder how the customer service is for these companies. The retailers have always had pretty good customer service, but going directly to the DPG company is huge!
    I emailed them last week with the images attached. No response yet.

Another member on another forum had a similar issue with a LP T52 flying pig and Steve Saka came into that thread and wrote a huge response to it, apologized and told the member to email him with his info and it will be corrected. Now that was freaking awesome IMO!!! Love the LP brand!!

So, just waiting to see what, if anything, DPGs response.