Home Ratings & Reviews

Rocky Patel vs Indian Tabac

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Which brand do you prefer and why? Which ones have you smoked? Any similarities between the two?

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    RP. Indian Tabac's are pretty good buts its definetly second tier.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've never had any of the ITC but I do have a couple of their 10ths in my humi. I've had many of the RPs and I can't imagine the ITC could be better. The RP Decade and 92 are amazing smokes!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I just got a couple of ITCs in a sampler, might smoke one this weekend, ill let ya know what i think.

"Long ashes my friends."

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I prefer RP to ITC...though I will say the ITC 10th is a darn tasty smoke. Overall though, I prefer the Rocky Patel line, it fits my tastes better.
    Let me say that when I said the IT's were second tier, I wasn't including the ITC 10th.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    Let me say that when I said the IT's were second tier, I wasn't including the ITC 10th.
    Of course not...if I thought that, I'd be on the next flight to (insert where you live) to slap you. :)
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I will have to be the odd man out on this, I have had several IT's, and I like them much more than RP. I do like RP's 1990, the 92's are okay but I prefer the 90's. I have an edge, haven't lit it up yet. I've had the rest of the line and wasn't all that into them. I really liked the IT split decision double and triple, wondering if I should order the quad.
    I'll venture out on a limb here and say that if RP had stuck with IT blends he would've been just another now defunct cigar company that made good cigars. The RP 90 and 92 made the company and built his reputation.
    I feel that I am seriously uninformed on this topic and I need to do some serious research into the IT line. I've never had one and I would love to be able to have an educated opinion on this topic...

I'm trying to justify buying some IT smokes!!! haha
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I've never had one, either, Puro. I think I've got one -- maybe two -- around here somewhere. I'll have to see if I can dig them up . . . if I ever get rid of this motherlovin' cold.
    Well I do have two of the ITC 10ths, but I just got them in there and can't smoke them yet... Gotta let them sit a while. But I would like to try some of the other lines in the IT name. I may be making a stop on my way home today! haha

Oh, and hope ya feel better soon Urbs!
    Thanks, dewd.
    I think I sent you a ITC Cameroon urbi.
    You are correct, sir. I found it while I was moving everything over to the new humi. Actually, I found 2 of them. (This is the problem with a big coolerdor.) Did you send me 2?
    After consulting the spreadsheet, no I did not.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    madurofan:
    nerd
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    nerd
    If I've ever seen a case of the pot calling the kettle black ...