Home General Discussion

Smoking Room

Comments

• Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    we are in a cooling period...have been for over 3 years now. Man-made Global Warming is a sham, farce...a LIE. How pompous are we humans to think we can effect the global climate to this degree in such a short time. All of our emissions in one year is a drop in the bucket compared to ONE VOLCANO. Think about it, we have only been keeping temp records formally since 1880's or so, not long enough to make such profound assumptions or predictions.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    These threads are really getting more and more offensive with each post...

Tatonka tatonka would never buffalo Buffalo buffalo, let alone Tatonka tatonka. It's just no in their nature.
    And I should add no one has ever even proved the existence of Buffalo tatonka, so how can you question whether or not Buffalo tatonka buffalo Buffalo buffalo?
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Bad Andy:
    we are in a cooling period...have been for over 3 years now. Man-made Global Warming is a sham, farce...a LIE. How pompous are we humans to think we can effect the global climate to this degree in such a short time. All of our emissions in one year is a drop in the bucket compared to ONE VOLCANO. Think about it, we have only been keeping temp records formally since 1880's or so, not long enough to make such profound assumptions or predictions.
    I will rely on the analysis and subsequent conclusions of experts in the field, rather than propaganda. Last I checked, Andyman, that includes neither you nor me.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I use one of the "Ionic Breeze" type air cleaners and it does a pretty good job. I said "screw it" recently and have lit up a few times in the house... heck, I live alone, I should be able to do what I want, right? Had some visitors a few days ago who couldn't tell at all that I'd been smoking inside. I do prefer the fresh air, but like Maddy I want to know when we became a suburb of Fargo!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I have a man cave in my basement-finished room about 12 x 14 -decent size, couch,loveseat,recliner coffee table couple end tables ,tv and i ducked it into the heating system. when i go down there to smoke i close the vents and turn on the air purifier. unfortunatly the smoke and smell still make there way up stairs to the main living area and even up to the bedrooms another story up. this would not be such a problem except thet my wife is allergic to the smoke (eyes puff up and turn red and the sneezing/coughing starts) so outta respect to her i don't light up down there unless she's gone for the day. my best choice for the cold (and it got to around 7-8 here last nite) is now the garage. i have two heaters i turn on and warm it up a little and smoke with at least an entry way door open. I'm about 60 miles nw of charlotte so duty we're not used to this *** either although i work "on the mtn" were it's as cold as an irs agent's heart (just got audited for 06 and 07-bastards) snowey and windy this time of year can make windchill 0 degrees rather fast-tough smoking weather. in my job i may not have anything to do half the day and bust ass the last half and even work over. looking forward to summer.....
    Hey gmill, I forgot... are you located in Boone? Or is that where you work? We gotta get together for a herf sometime. Ebitler is in Charlotte as well, although I haven't seen him on the boards lately. Hope he's still around. I was gonna swap some sticks with him at some point, but that never materialized.

I'll be up in your area every now and again when the weather warms up and my foot shrinks back to normal size. Of course, that's usually to put in a full day of climbing... what are the odds I can get you out for a casual day on the rock? I'll smoke one with you from the top of the cliff when we get up there :)
    Yea duty i work in boone but live just a few miles from hickory. a herf sounds great...we should be able to round up a couple guys close to us maybe this summer. the rock climb may be tough as i hate heights (i don't even wear thick socks)hahahah. smokin one sounds great though...
    btw duty hows the foot coming along?
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    When I got in to work today around 8:45 it was 9 out. Imagine how cold it was before that! Probably 1 - 2 if not lower.
    I 've got you all beat.. Today when I left for work at 4:00 am, it was 27 below zero with 30 mile an hour winds which translates to what they call a wind chill of 50 below zero.. that is cold. But it finally went above zero at 3:00 pm but only for about an hour. The heat wave is over, back down to 7 below
    HOLY CRAP!!!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    rwheelwright:
    When I got in to work today around 8:45 it was 9 out. Imagine how cold it was before that! Probably 1 - 2 if not lower.
    I 've got you all beat.. Today when I left for work at 4:00 am, it was 27 below zero with 30 mile an hour winds which translates to what they call a wind chill of 50 below zero.. that is cold. But it finally went above zero at 3:00 pm but only for about an hour. The heat wave is over, back down to 7 below
    You looking for your house in Florida for the winter yet?

H-ell yea ....take a week off work ...rent us a house on the water in Fla. (won't cost that much with enough guys) and smoke 'gars till we collapse our damn lungs....

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:

H-ell yea ....take a week off work ...rent us a house on the water in Fla. (won't cost that much with enough guys) and smoke 'gars till we collapse our damn lungs....

With any luck we won't inhale and can keep our lungs intact.
    I feel for you Kasper...here in western PA it was a low of about -5 and a high of about 9 or so today...they cancelled school and everybody was acting like it was the armageddon...i kept saying, we don't have nuttin on the midwest. We're more used to 20 or maybe 10 for a low.
    I've found that in this cold, only something like taking the dogs for a walk keeps me warm enough to be outside long enough for a smoke. I could go in the garage, but like someone else mentioned, it filters up into the house too much. So this winter, I've been lucky to get a smoke in maybe once every week or two, at best.
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    rwheelwright:
    You looking for your house in Florida for the winter yet?
    Well, actually my spouse is looking into the market out there. It is our plan to move to Florida in the next four years. That does not help me today, Maybe a nice vacation would help.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Bad Andy:
    madurofan:
    It was 12 this morning! 12. I don't even know what to say about 12. I'm working from home today so I immediately lit a fire and have kept it going all day but 12. I mean wtf, I live in Virginia not Montana.
    It was 10-12 here in Hiram, GA this morning. Stupid cold. With a wind chill so it bites. Official temp right now...24. huh...global warming really sucks.
    Damn 24 is GA. This global warming is getting out of hand.
    Global warming? HAHAHAHA....

"Long ashes my friends."

gmill880:
    btw duty hows the foot coming along?
    swell ;)

Don't worry about the heights. I was deathly afraid of heights when I started out. There's something about being tied in and hanging in the harness that takes it all away. I'm still scared standing unprotected near (within 10') the edge of a cliff, but I can hang off the edge in my harness all day long (not technically, as I would die from harness-hang syndrome... but I'm not scared).
    kaspera79:
    rwheelwright:
    cripes, Kas! I remember when it got down to 20 below zero when I lived in Ohio... the snowman we built in the back yard was knocking on the door asking us to borrow a coat, hat, and gloves.
    dutyje:
    kaspera79:
    rwheelwright:
    cripes, Kas! I remember when it got down to 20 below zero when I lived in Ohio... the snowman we built in the back yard was knocking on the door asking us to borrow a coat, hat, and gloves.
    Good one duty, You will probably not have a similar situation in N.C. any time soon
    kaspera79:
    dutyje:
    kaspera79:
    rwheelwright:
    Good one duty, You will probably not have a similar situation in N.C. any time soon
    It's supposed to get down to 8 (!!!!1!!111oneone) tonight.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Yes, that is officially colder 'n' balls, kas. Better keep the brass monkeys in tonight.

Why do people live in Chicago? Who thought that was a good place to put a city?
    urbino:
    Yes, that is officially colder 'n' balls, kas. Better keep the brass monkeys in tonight.

The answer is two part. All my relative have no common sense. And all before them had equally poor sense. I am now bound by family ties. That and the fact that wages seem to increase in climates that are less than comfortable. Curious George has been inside since Halloween.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    The last few days makes one wonder. This isn't really typical - we are just getting a blast straight from the North Pole.

Like the summers here and really do like the latitude. I guess you adjust - smoked in the garage tonight, with a couple of Halides, and it was 4 below. Would rather have been in San Diego tonight but...

kaspera79:
    urbino:

The answer is two part. All my relative have no common sense. And all before them had equally poor sense. I am now bound by family ties. That and the fact that wages seem to increase in climates that are less than comfortable. Curious George has been inside since Halloween.

Sins of the fathers ...???

gmill880:

kaspera79:
    urbino:

Sins of the fathers ...???

...paid for by the sons. Indeed.
  • It was 65 here in San Francsico yesterday. I almost had to put on a sweat shirt to smoke my Xikar Defiance (which I absolutley loved), but then I decided to go smoke outside since it was warmer than the garage. :-)
    Dammit man your killin'us east coasters....lol
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    Dammit man your killin'us east coasters....lol
    Insult to injury....I was almost breaking a sweat today at work, it was that warm...sun out, barely a cloud in the sky. :)