Home Cigar 101

Unknown cigar...?

BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
A guy from church gave my dad some cigars today...

all the band says is: J-R with the words "hand made" and "imported" above and below the JR. And it also says edition limited.... And on the sides of the band it says "calidad suprema"...

anybody know what these are??

Comments

• BigT06:
    A guy from church gave my dad some cigars today...

all the band says is: J-R with the words "hand made" and "imported" above and below the JR. And it also says edition limited.... And on the sides of the band it says "calidad suprema"...

anybody know what these are??
    this is all i could really find http://www.tomscigars.com/2008/05/15/jr-cigars-calidad-suprema-second/
  • GrazuhGrazuh Posts: 164
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Grazuh:
    +1
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    A pic might really help out, if ya can...
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I will TRY to post a pic.... but I am tech retarded... so I can't promise anything.

btw... I smoked one. It tasted like dryed hay rolled in the most bitter maduro wrapper ever made. pure $hit.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    I will TRY to post a pic.... but I am tech retarded... so I can't promise anything.

btw... I smoked one. It tasted like dryed hay rolled in the most bitter maduro wrapper ever made. pure $hit.
    LOL
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    BigT06:

Sounds yummy! </sarcasm>
  • BigT06:

mmmmmmmmmm all the tatse i look for in a fine rolled cigar i cant wait till i get the chance in life to try this guy!
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gurkha Man!:
    BigT06:

mmmmmmmmmm all the tatse i look for in a fine rolled cigar i cant wait till i get the chance in life to try this guy!
    musta not stayed in the goats ass too long after it dropped and was rolled, lmao
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    jj20030:
    Gurkha Man!:
    BigT06:

musta not stayed in the goats ass too long after it dropped and was rolled, lmao
    Best. Visual. Ever. My minds eye threw up a bit.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    jj20030:
    Gurkha Man!:
    BigT06:

you surely have a way with words jj
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    BRING BACK BIGT BRING BACK BIGT
  • Madd_smoke70Madd_smoke70 Posts: 1

They are Cohiba Behike Laguito No. 5 JR Edicion Limitada Alternatives. If they tasted poorly it is more than likely that the individual who gave them to you did not care for them properly. Dried out their oils which takes all the flavor...

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Madd_smoke70 said:
    They are Cohiba Behike Laguito No. 5 JR Edicion Limitada Alternatives. If they tasted poorly it is more than likely that the individual who gave them to you did not care for them properly. Dried out their oils which takes all the flavor...

They taste that way already, real dog rockets. No flavor. I even put them in a jar with whiskey chunks and they were still crãp.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

@Madd_smoke70 said:

They taste that way already, real dog rockets. No flavor. I even put them in a jar with whiskey chunks and they were still crãp.

Whiskey chunks as in whiskey barrel Chunks? I haven’t tried that trick yet...

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Yeah, I had some left over from using them with unroasted coffee to flavor them. Worked better with the coffee.

If you can't get whiskey barrel chunks right now, they seem to be in short supply, you can get various toasted oak and other wood chunks and soak them in whiskey for a few days.

Post edited by Yakster on
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

That description fits both of the JR knockoffs I've smoked. You get what you pay for.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

JR? Yep. Been there, done that. A loong time ago. No intention of going back..... 👎