Home General Discussion

Hawaii Oahu

lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
Headed to Oahu in the morning and was wondering if there was a shop anyone could recommend. Last week in Dallas I had a great time at a shop that was recommended and am hoping for just as good of an experience this week.
Thanks in advance - Isaac

Comments

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Have fun bud!
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Man, one place I haven't made it too. Enjoy, sorry I don't have any info. But that should make the hunt even better.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Thanks gents. I'll have to try some Hawaii exclusives. I think Pete had something exclusive to Hawaii no?
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    If you're time pressed for the afternoon and money is no object, I've heard "IknowUwannaHandy" is a good place...

But if you want to spend some time getting the best quality then "MeMouthisonYourDinky" has the best seat is the house!
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Lasabar:
    If you're time pressed for the afternoon and money is no object, I've heard "IknowUwannaHandy" is a good place...

But if you want to spend some time getting the best quality then "MeMouthisonYourDinky" has the best seat is the house!
    Address please? :)
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy brother. If you find a good shop shoot me a pm I'm supposed to be going there in June. Saving for such a trip kinda cuts into the old cigar budget which my wife reminds me of everytime I start drooling over the catalog.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Didn't look for cigars when I was there. But my favorite place to eat I found was Brew Moon. Very good beer, great food, and decent prices. (Never mind... was googling the address for you and found they have shut down. :(
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    have a safe and awesome trip Isaac
  • Cigar-Cigar Etc
    1125 S King St # 102
    Honolulu, HI 96814-2232

(808) 591-0808 () ?

I stopped in here last summer. They had a decent selection and decent prices.
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Have a great trip. I have been to HI once and it was awesome. If you can get over to Maui, ride down the volcano on a bike. It was a fantastic experience.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    lcpleel:
    Thanks gents. I'll have to try some Hawaii exclusives. I think Pete had something exclusive to Hawaii no?
    That is R.Fields in the Foodland supermarket at 1460 S. Beretania St. Honolulu, HI, 96814. If your staying in waikiki is only about 5 min. away. you can also check out Tamura's in Kaimuki or Aiea.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    There is also one across the street from the convention center. They sell the Kauai Puros there.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our son and daughter-in-law just got back from a week on Kauai. He brought me a Kauai puro called Island Prince. Here's some info:

The vitola is called a Momona and it's a good looking stick. Comes in a little coffin made out of what looks to be koa wood. I was pleased.

The first two are front and back sides of their brochure and the last one is from their webpage. My camera didn't want to get a decent shot of the stick or the coffin. Sorry.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those Island Prince's sound good they've got pretty good reviews from what I've seen.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:

Some cool shop names there!
  • ctschirgictschirgi Posts: 63 ✭✭
    The Good Doctor Rx:
    Cigar-Cigar Etc
    1125 S King St # 102
    Honolulu, HI 96814-2232

(808) 591-0808 () ?

I stopped in here last summer. They had a decent selection and decent prices.
    Cigar-Cigar is ok, but in my opinion, Tobaccos of Hawaii has the best selection and prices. It is located at 512 Atkinson Dr # 101, Honolulu, HI , right near the Convention Center and just behind the Ala Moana Mall. If you have a misses you will find yourself at this mall at some point during your stay. The area right around Tobaccos of Hawaii seems a little shady because there are several "massage parlors," but it is worth the trip. I've only been on Oahu for a month now, but have loved every minute of it. Enjoy your vaction. I'd offer to burn one with you, but with three young kiddos my free time is pretty much taken up by work or daddy duties.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Lasabar:

Some cool shop names there!
    Yeah, Hawaii is a craaaazy place...
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any updates on lounges on Oahu?  I'll be in Honolulu next week for work. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Any updates on lounges on Oahu?  I'll be in Honolulu next week for work. 
    He's going to Hawaii to work! Holy cow! Talk about missing the point!
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Going to Oahu for work.  Last two times I went to Oahu for work did not go well, 16 hr days, storms, trench foot, etc.  I did really enjoy my family vacation on Kauai, but this trip is about work, though I'll try and squeeze in some enjoyment too.

So, looking for general advice on places I can enjoy a cigar, not necessarily a B&M and Lounge but if there's any place outdoors that allows enjoying a cigar.  The place I'm staying is non-smoking and I was hoping to bring along some of my own cigars, maybe.

Also requesting recommendations for coffee, beer, food, etc.

Mahalo

• TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    there is a store named R fields that does sell cigars.  The one on Maui is a grocery store, so not a lounge.  Pete did have an exclusive here, the Masubi, and also Farkas has a few exclusives here.  If you swing by there ive been looking for the Viaje Hulk.  a green banded skull and bones.  when i was there a few weeks ago (i went to the one on Maui) there were hardly any cigars there. 

I'm not sure about specific lounges.  Good luck, enjoy the trip
    Thanks, Roman!

• TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    @Yakster if you find some of the Viaje Hulk let me know, i'll gladly trade for them

I'll keep an eye out for the Hulk for you, Roman.

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Yakster, @Trident doesn't have any good cigars to trade you.  I would be careful on taking him up on that.  However I would be open to trading with you :wink:
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you find the hulk buy them out. I'm sure you'll be more than reimbursed here.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    A tropical depression is being forcast for the beginning of the week.