Home General Discussion

What's a good cigar to smoke before my brain goes to mush??

I got everything set up, bought all the parts, etc to have another engine put in my car ( my car is in Houston). My car got picked up around the 18th by the people that were going to do the work. I told them that I was flying to Houston on the 25th and needed my car done by the 26th. The day before I got there my brother informs me that he just found out that they weren't even going to start on my car for another week or so. I flew to houston and fired them. I then had my car towed to another place that supposedly works on my type of car. After a few days of calls they call me in and tell me there's a problem. They say the engine isn't exactly the same. I go and look at it and there are some very minor differences. I tell them to exchange some parts off of my old engine and it'll work ( I'm now starting to wonder how much they actually know). Today they call me again and tell me that my old engine has one fuel line and the new engine has two. I go look at it again and inform them that there isn't two fuel lines, ones a purge line. I fire them. I get a hold of another mechanic that some people recommend. I talk to him and he either sounds like he "DOES" know what he's doing or he talks one of the best games I've heard in a long time. I have my car towed to him. if all goes right it should be done in the next few days. Guess I wasn't meant to be in FL by the 26th. My brain is mush. What's a good cigar to rectify that??

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    If you WANT your brain to turn to mush and just relax, then I'd go with some mellow smokes like a Rocky Patel Connie or a Oliva Connie Reserve...

If you DON'T want a mush brain and want to stay sharp and full of fury then I'd go with Man 'O War or 5 Vegas Cask Strength!

Sorry to hear about all the crap going on!!!
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I would say a Diesel d.x or LHCOF. Both are well constructed so you can drool or chew on them if you like. Both will give you just enough of a nicotine buzz to let you go away for a while.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    MoW Puro Authentico! It'll soothe what ails ya.
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    Man, you've just gotta hate incompetence! What happened to natural selection anyway??

I'm with Lasabar on the cigar picks though. Diesel Unlimited is about the best "jump start" (pun intended) you could need for an occasion like this. If you need to rest and relax, I'm going to recommend a Gurkah Beauty.

One final note, you can get a whole lot more done with a 36 pack then you can with $500 if you find the right mechanic. You're probably just looking on the wrong side of town. {;-)

JDE

• bipbip Posts: 483
    I actually have a Diesel and Puro with me. Diesel it is. Whiskey will help also. True on the 36 pack. Unfortunately I'm not from Houston and even though the last one gave me a good price I don't think a 36er will offset the 2K bill. I am going to give him some cigars though.
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Why not smoke them both bip. Sounds like you need them! Good luck on the car troubles!
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Sorry Morgan
    damn imcompetent people piss me off. What a waste of everyone's time and $$$$
    Diesel sounds good to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I have a few friends in Houston and I would be happy to ask them for recommendations. I just need to know what type of car. Sounds like a super frustrating day. Enjoy your cigar and whiskey.
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    bip:
    I actually have a Diesel and Puro with me. Diesel it is. Whiskey will help also. True on the 36 pack. Unfortunately I'm not from Houston and even though the last one gave me a good price I don't think a 36er will offset the 2K bill. I am going to give him some cigars though.
    Hmm... A Jack-Diesel instead of a Jack-Daniel, haha! Those two make a nice verbal pairing... we'll see what else they can do. {B-)

Sorry to hear about the $2k bill and the extended stay but, in the end, if your car runs like you're hoping it will I'm sure you'll be happy. You need to fill us in on the details of your project sometime?

JDE

• HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Damn man, what a buncha $hit! If it was me, I would focus on the whiskey first, then just let everything else fall into place. But that's just me....and maybe that's not such a great idea afterall !
  • bipbip Posts: 483
    haha. I was with you Heavy. I decided to enjoy a Warlock earlier and then dip in to some Vodka and then enjoy a Diesel. Def. makes for an enjoyable night.
  • Pick up a Punch Champion. You can drag on it aggressively, and it actually is enjoyable when hot! If you are p.o.ed, it's a good cigar to take it out on.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    That pretty much sounds like the most frustrating / mind blowing experience ever. Sorry to hear this. On the other hand, smoke it up! Gotta agree that the MoW PA is always a good choice.