Home Ratings & Reviews

Drew Estates' Liga Privada

If you haven't tried this one yet, you should. Had one Saturday night and was impressed. A stronger cigar but it was so smooth, I hardly noticed. I absolutely will smoke this one again.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Have not tried that one yet but soon i hope....what would you most compare it to?
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i agree.
    This may blow up your Honduran tobacco argument as it is mostly nicarguan tobacco.
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    i agree.
    This may blow up your Honduran tobacco argument as it is mostly nicarguan tobacco.
    Liga Privada is a full-bodied cigar, drawing its flavor from a dark Connecticut Broadleaf ligero wrapper that conceals a trifecta of Cuban-seed tobaccos grown in three different regions, including the Jamastran Valley,
    in Honduras.
    Upon lighting this rich cigar, you are engulfed with complex, robust aromas that offer a natural sweetness that is slightly noticeable over the cigars dominant spicy and earthy notes.

I understand that there is nicaraguan in there, but there is honduran as well.

kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    i agree.
    Liga Privada is a full-bodied cigar, drawing its flavor from a dark Connecticut Broadleaf ligero wrapper that conceals a trifecta of Cuban-seed tobaccos grown in three different regions, including the Jamastran Valley,
    in Honduras.
    Upon lighting this rich cigar, you are engulfed with complex, robust aromas that offer a natural sweetness that is slightly noticeable over the cigars dominant spicy and earthy notes.

I understand that there is nicaraguan in there, but there is honduran as well.

sounds damn tasty-about the only thing Drew Estate i've not tried

wasn't this one of the big boys there personal blend?
    the owners if im not mistaken.

and you need to try it. its the best thing drew estates puts out.
    Thanks Kuzi on your reccomend I will do just that.....
    Actually it was Steve Saka's, the Presidents. You remember the guy that sent 3 boxes of cigars to one of our posters.

IIRC the wrapper/binder are Nic though kuz.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Nicaduran? Honduraguan? Naugahyde?
    urbino:
    Naugahyde?
    Ummm ...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Naugahyde?
    In the immortal words of Garfield: "Do you know how many poor Naugas were killed to make that Naugahyde leash?"
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Hee. Yeah, I've always loved that one, too -- with his forearm against his forehead in distress, right?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd have to dig up my old Garfield books to be sure, but it sounds about right.

madurofan:
    Actually it was Steve Saka's, the Presidents. You remember the guy that sent 3 boxes of cigars to one of our posters.

Yea I do seem to recall something about that......Damn stand up guy that Steve Saka.....

gmill880:

madurofan:

Yea I do seem to recall something about that......Damn stand up guy that Steve Saka.....

mills it was you who got the DE motherload wasn't it?

Yea Maddy - I'm still stoked about it.....what customer service, way above and beyond especially since I was just asking a question on the forum and had not even contacted them....just goes to show you never know who's on here.....but Saka is a great guy thru all the e-mails we had back and forth

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I concur this one gets the squirrel honor award!! Damnit it's a damn good smoke. i bought 2 more to give a try and it's on my to buy a box list of these other 2 pan out. if you like full bodied cigars PICK one up
    I have a few now thanks to Jozer thinking about having one this weekend.