Home General Discussion

Irene's bit$# slap

cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
Well we've been without power since Sunday 9 am. 64 foot limb from 100+ foot tree in our front yard took powers lines off our house. Our whole town was without power, now only 67% . Not complaining just communicating, my friends and fam. In VT have it so much worse. This will be the third straight day my electrician will "be here in the morning" I just know he will show today, couldn't blow me off three days in a row. Well we have a Genny and a pool aka 20,000 bathtub. Life is good like being at camp. Hope everyone else is will. Typing post to druid sucks a little, but without id have no connection.

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That sucks man! Prayers for you guys that it'll be fixed soon! I think I'd be finding me a new electrician...lol
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we were without power for a week 2 winters ago when the big ice storm came up the Ohio river, I was lucky enuf to get me a big generator. It cost twice what you normally would pay but it runs my whole house. Best 800$ I ever spent. Every homeowner should have one.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and by the way brother my prayers are with you. Our church has been praying hard for all those in Irenes path. God bless you. Rick
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Thanks for the good wishes and prayers. But we have it pretty ok except for not being connected so much. We have roof over our heads and a bed to sleep on at night so I cannot complain. Plus the weather has Benn perfect. Ok just one complaint I use a Genny every day for work and I am no so tiered of listening to them we live in a nice quiet closed off strew and its dam noisy outside. Well that's all.
  • Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Best wishes and prayers. Generators are worth their weight in gold.