Home General Discussion

Hello & introduction for CAcigarguy007.

CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been a strictly banter guy but figured I should probably be over here too as I read these boards quite often and a lotta guys that I used to banter with I've seen posting on these boards.

I love cigars (current favorite is the San Lotano Habano) and currently just upgraded from a 21qt tupperador to a 41qt tupperador. I previously had a very large collection (two 28-bottle wine fridges packed to the gills) but my collection is much smaller now but growing at a sickening pace once again :) 

I'm from the SF Bay Area (south bay) and hope to meet some locals for herfs. I notice there are a lot of southern Ca herfs but not many from the SF bay area even though I see a lot of us out here and on the devil and what not.

Anywho, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself briefly.

Thanks,
CAcigarguy007

Comments

• AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    welcome bro! I think that 41qt tupperdor will fit easily into the 150qt cooler you'll buy eventually...no worries!
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
     I know of the slippery slope you speak of. That is how I ended up with two jam packed wine fridges last time round. Throw in all the trades and bombs and things can get messy fast :) Thanks for the welcome AJ.
  • Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Welcome to the forum. I'm new to the forum but a long time cigar smoker. There is a lot on knowledge and friendship here and I think you will enjoy yourself here on the forum.

Sounds like you are getting a good collection going. When I joined, members told me I'd need to up grade to a coolador and they were right. I have three humidors full and with my order that arrived today they are packed. I'm from southeast New Mexico.

Again  welcome to the forum fellow BOTL.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    WAZZZZUUUUUPPPPPP, lookin forward in gettin to know ya
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    welcome to the forums man, one bay area botl to another. Good to have you man.
    Thanks Duke! The V/Potencia DOD deal + the Super Premium Six Dbl Stack Sampler that I bought last night put me over the edge. Had to upgrade today so that when they come in they will have a home. I plan on being selective about what I purchase and sticking with the A/A+ cigars from here on out so that should help keep things in check.
    Thank you Sir. I actually met a very cool SOTL from redwood city on another forum site as well as a BOTL from Fremont and we have herfed before at Knickerbockers. Hopefully we can set up some Bay Area events in the future.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CG007, Welcome aboard. See you alot on the banter and feel you have a lot to offer. Lots of good info and great brothers here on the site. If you ever make it down to the SoCal area give a shout out and we herf......
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    CAcigarguy007:
    Thank you Sir. I actually met a very cool SOTL from redwood city on another forum site as well as a BOTL from Fremont and we have herfed before at Knickerbockers. Hopefully we can set up some Bay Area events in the future.
    Sounds good man. Kickerbockers is the B&M in Menlo Park right? behind the BBC? I've been there once and was pretty impressed. I'd be down. there are a few Bay Area guys on the boards and we've been looking for an excuse to herf . . .
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Welcome the the nut house...the cigar nut house that is.
  • MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    Happy to have you around! As everyone said, there's a wealth of info here and it is awesome. There's lots of us around the Sacramento area and others not too far from the bay. As Boyd said, all the more reason is meet up in between and herf!
    Thanks for the warm welcomes and it's good to see some north bay CA representation and possible herf options to boot.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Welcome 007. Been a while since I've been on the banter, but I remember you from there. You'll be glad to know we ran kgoneoffhismeds right out of here.
    j0z3r:
    Welcome 007. Been a while since I've been on the banter, but I remember you from there. You'll be glad to know we ran kgoneoffhismeds right out of here.
    ////Hey how you been? It's been a while since I seen you around. Read of few posts of yours from time to time. Hope all is well.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Welcome to the forum.
    CAcigarguy007:
    j0z3r:
    ////Hey how you been? It's been a while since I seen you around. Read of few posts of yours from time to time. Hope all is well.
    Doing well, thanks. The banter format just wasn't working for me. I liken the banter to a stream of consciousness, and it gets hard to follow if you jump in mid-way. Here, if I miss a post, I can just read it the next day.
    CAcigarguy007:
    j0z3r:
    Doing well, thanks. The banter format just wasn't working for me. I liken the banter to a stream of consciousness, and it gets hard to follow if you jump in mid-way. Here, if I miss a post, I can just read it the next day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Welcome to the forums. I feel dumb but what is banter, besides the literal meaning of the word?
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Welcome!
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    007, welcome bro.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    Welcome to the forums. I feel dumb but what is banter, besides the literal meaning of the word?
    pm sent
  • Welcome, always glad to have another Cali guy.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Hey, I know this guy...what's up CG007?
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!
  • welcome to the world of tomorrow sir!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    San Lotano Habano is def one of my favorites right now. Great cigar! Welcome aboard btw.

"Long ashes my friends."

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    nice to meet ya. Welcome to the forums.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum...all Banter guys are welcome to join the Ccom family!
    Good to see some of the old guard ;Wink [;)] Thanks for the warm welcome.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    CAcigarguy007:
    j0z3r:
    ////so very true....however I like both...the stream of consciousness as you say, and certainly this format. I find the interaction at sister to be very welcoming, but agreed, it is hard to jump in mid-stream, especially if they are botls that you don't have a relationship with.