Home General Discussion

Cigar.com House blends

Well I thought Id order up a sampler of the Cigar.com house blends and was pleasently surprised w/ the Red label. I just about needed a roach clip for it, I didnt want to quit! However when I tried the Brazillian label, I was sorely dissapointed. I was hoping for an economical alternative to CAO Brazilia but got a lot less. The cigar had a rancid taste that stuck with me and I only smoked 1/3 of it. Upon flicking the first ash, I noticed a large stem in the filler.... Ive NEVER experienced that before. I would rather smoke a Swisher Sweet! Anyone else have any imput, or did I just happen to get a stogie that shouldnt have made it past quality control?

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    KenK:
    Well I thought Id order up a sampler of the Cigar.com house blends and was pleasently surprised w/ the Red label. I just about needed a roach clip for it, I didnt want to quit! However when I tried the Brazillian label, I was sorely dissapointed. I was hoping for an economical alternative to CAO Brazilia but got a lot less. The cigar had a rancid taste that stuck with me and I only smoked 1/3 of it. Upon flicking the first ash, I noticed a large stem in the filler.... Ive NEVER experienced that before. I would rather smoke a Swisher Sweet! Anyone else have any imput, or did I just happen to get a stogie that shouldnt have made it past quality control?
    Hey Kenk, First of all welcome to the forum.. The house brand Brazillian label is pretty well liked here. I have had these and found them to be a very decent cigar for the price. I never had a construction issue with them, or the unpleasant taste you mentioned.. Try another and if you still don't like them, pass them along in a trade since they are popular here. Oh, by the way, Swisher Sweets ! No way..
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Welcome Kenk...on another thread I posted about my thoughts on the sampler. I've tried the red, purple, cameroon, brazilian, corojo and tonight, the blue. Construction, light, burn, etc. was awesome on every single one. I loved them all, some more than others...except for tonight's. I was extremely disappointed with the blue and let it go out half way through. Literally the first time I've ever done that with a cigar. My favorites were probably the red and the cameroon, but I really liked the brazilian, too.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    My experience is just the opposite, I loved the Brazilian and didn't care for the Red label one bit...it tasted like dirt to me.

I also think the Cameroon label is pretty good too.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I like both the Brazilian and the Red but I would compare the brazilian more to a CAO black than a CAO Brazilia
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    KenK:
    Hey Kenk, First of all welcome to the forum.. The house brand Brazillian label is pretty well liked here. I have had these and found them to be a very decent cigar for the price. I never had a construction issue with them, or the unpleasant taste you mentioned.. Try another and if you still don't like them, pass them along in a trade since they are popular here. Oh, by the way, Swisher Sweets ! No way..
    lol, I started smoking those sweets a long time ago, now I can't even smell em! yuk! Anyway, I ordered a sampler two weeks ago, I'm waiting for them to sit in my humi for a few weeks, then I'll give them a whirl, the cuban smells really good, and will probably be the first I'll smoke..
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    j0z3r:
    My experience is just the opposite, I loved the Brazilian and didn't care for the Red label one bit...it tasted like dirt to me.

I also think the Cameroon label is pretty good too.
    I agree. I liked the Brazilian better than the Red. Actually, the Brazilian is the only one I liked out of all the house blends.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    I like the Cuban label the best. It has a good flavor to it and smokes very well.
  • Vince_OVince_O Posts: 281 ✭✭
    I am not a fan of cut or short filler cigars & all the huose brands at c.com ended up being cut filler, I am a chewer & they just didnt stand up to the punishment I gave them, burn & taste were fine , but I dont see me ordering them again.. Enjoy, Vince
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Stop chewing up perftectly good stogies, Vince! Dammmm what did they do to you! LOL
  • KenKKenK Posts: 3
    Well, yall have encouraged me. Ill try the other one in the humidor :)
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    just had my first ccom house blend.

Cameroon Label, compliments of dbeckom.

based on my "findings" here, I will def be trying more house blends!

anybody have a strong recommendation for a particular one? I have read through this thread, but it's pretty old, so if there are some new opinions, I'd love to hear em.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I like the red, brazilian, cuban and sungrown labels. Out of those I smoke the crap out of the sungrown label. I think I've been through 3-4 boxes of them in the last year or so...lol so BigT06 sungrown label ftw!
    ENFIDL:
    I like the red, brazilian, cuban and sungrown labels. Out of those I smoke the crap out of the sungrown label. I think I've been through 3-4 boxes of them in the last year or so...lol so BigT06 sungrown label ftw!
    excellent. based on your enthusiasm, I do believe that will be the next house blend on my "to do" list.
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Brazilian Label is very good. I would recommend trying that one.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked them all but my fave is the Cuban label.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    My two favorites are the red label and sungrown label. I'm going through the box of sungrown much faster though. I like those the best.
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. So far the Sun Grown label is the clear front runner. Brazillian and Red seem to be the next 2... I really wanna try the corojo as well, as I am a huge DPG fan...

If anybody has a bunch of house label sticks at home and would like to do some trading or whatnot, shoot me a pm. I don't have the cash to buy anything right now, but I have plenty of inventory I can trade ;)
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Same boat as you BigT. I have not had any of the house blends but would be willing to trade for some to try them out.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Fan of the Brazilian and Purple labels here. Be warned, the Purple is very mild, but produces tons of nutty smoke... excellent morning stick IMHO.

• JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    Sounds to me, after reading all of this, that the the CCom blends may just be a little inconsistent? Maybe the piper's price for finding an inexpensive cigar is accepting the bad apple every now and then?

JDE

• ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    I really liked the Brazilian, Sungrown and especially Purple labels. Red, Blue and Camaroon were ok. Not too keen on the Corojo. Might try one again to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Haven't tried the Cuban yet.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Be on the lookout for a new size in our house blends line, a big 6 x 60 that will be available in all blends.
    Alex Svenson:
    Be on the lookout for a new size in our house blends line, a big 6 x 60 that will be available in all blends.
    sounds good, but I'm a corona guy :)
    Alex Svenson:
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG email sent about these!
    The Sniper:
    produces tons of nutty smoke... excellent morning stick IMHO.

and to think you bust on me Glen......you dirty girl you!
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    Alex Svenson:
    Awesome! I'm all about big RG cigars. I have a trend for liking them at least as much as but usually better than the narrow vitolas. {:-) When can we expect to see these on the site?

JDE

• JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Sun Grown is fantastic, and I also quite enjoy the Brazilian and Purple. Kind of two different ends of the spectrum.
  • ...smoking a Sun Grown robusto as I type this. For pretty much ROTT, I'm enjoying it. Good construction and burn. Maybe a little dry on the palate for my taste, but that could be the Jameson I paired it with. At any rate, a welcome chance from the steady diet of Punch Maduro and Double Maduro's I've been smoking for the last week or so...much less "in your face" I have a few Red Label and Brazillian labels to try out in the coming days...I'm pretty excited! TMS
  • e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    I just ordered my first CCOM House Blend Sampler, looking forward to trying these out and seeing what I like.
  • I used to like the Purple Label, but as soon as I bought a box I soured on them. They have very good flavor for a connecticut stick, but I'm just not fond of the construction that comes along with short and mixed filler cigars. More than any other cigar, I get bits of tobacco in my mouth when I smoke a purple label. I took about a 6-month hiatus from them, but when I smoked one last week the same thing happened.

I also got a couple Sungrowns, but they didn't really do it for me either.