Home Non Cigar Related

College Football!!!!!

denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
The wondrous season of College Football is almost upon us. I can't wait for Saturday mornings with my coffee and College Game Day on. So excited for all the changes this year. PAC12, Big Twelve(Ten) both are expanded and obviously my Buckeyes have some drama surrounding them. That's okay, the last time they were ranked this low, they won a National Championship.

So who's your team? Tell us why you are excited for this season

Comments

• ug danug dan Posts: 375
    University of Nevada-Reno. We had a great season last year and hopefully can build or at least maintain. We have a tough string of 4 road games to start the season, but if we can win any of them it will be great. We lost some good players from last year but we still look to be pretty tough. We usually make the drive every year to watch a game with the kids and everybody has a good time. Can't wait! GO PACK GO!!
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Drama? You want Drama? Check out the Baton Rouge/New Orleans newspapers on LSU. They might end up starting the entire freshmen class.LOL Its' a shame when college coaches need to keep a stash of bail money on hand.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Florida State!!! Still pissed about how they treated Bobby on his final season, but they showed up in classic Seminole form in the final game, should be an interesting season starting off as #5
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Go Gators, I am so glad everyone is writing us off early this year, we have something for you.
    fla-gypsy:
    Go Gators, I am so glad everyone is writing us off early this year, we have something for you.
    you are allowed to love the Gators since you live there. I wish you well, you will need it this year.
  • ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Wisconsin Badgers!!!

I'm bummed they won't be playing Iowa this year because of the new reorganization...Won't be until 2013!! Booooo!!!!!!!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MIZZOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Iowa Hawkeyes

And any team playing kansas chickenfuks or nebraska cornholers
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Pitt is it. new coach for us this season, Todd Graham. So we're excited to see what he can do. I think it'll be a somewhat down year, but who knows. other seasons when I though they had a top 20 or even top 10 team theyve crapped the bed, so maybe they'll surprise this year.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    dennisking:
    fla-gypsy:
    you are allowed to love the Gators since you live there. I wish you well, you will need it this year.
    Exactly the attitude we are looking for. Go ahead and write us off.
    fla-gypsy:
    dennisking:
    fla-gypsy:
    Exactly the attitude we are looking for. Go ahead and write us off.
    Love you too Gypsy :)
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Indiana University baby! May not be Ohio State level yet but its looking up. New coach, new facilities, and next year the #2 h.s. quaterback in the country has commited to coming to IU. Just getting to a damn bowl game is the goal!!!
  • e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Go Irish!!!
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Saturday mornings???

Are you forgetting weekday games, WAC Wednesdays, MAC Thursdays, some other conference on even Tuesdays......(sorry, but gamblers watch these weekday ones too)

Cant wait!!!
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Realy dont care who is playing, I just love watching College ball. Love seeing good football players before they get corrupted by money. I truely do not enjoy pro ball anymore, i guess thats sad.
    They switched the location of the Oregon-LSU game to the state penitentiary so both teams could suit up enough players. If they can't find enough there they'll start recruiting in Ohio.
  • Go OWLS!!!
    beatnic:
    They switched the location of the Oregon-LSU game to the state penitentiary so both teams could suit up enough players. If they can't find enough there they'll start recruiting in Ohio.
    since I live in Oregon and am an Ohio State fan, AND I live in the same town as the State Penitentiary, I'm good to go. #1 fan.....
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I simply love college football in general. Since I am originally from the Midwest, I enjoy big twelve sports. I can't wait to see who they bring in to replace those we lost.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    SEC!

Yep
    One God, One Truth
    Did you hear about the new Reality show?

12 Weeks this Fall

Set in Auburn, Alabama

"Life Without Cam"
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    roland_7707:
    SEC!

Yep
    This! I hate the BCS so I just pull for the SEC. I'm def a Tennessee fan but when it comes down to it I just wanna see an SEC school bring home the title. Well one that didn't pay for it's quarterback that is
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Watchin USC workin on Minnesota,, Should be a good game tonight watchin Oregon beat LSU
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    The Kid:
    Watchin USC workin on Minnesota,, Should be a good game tonight watchin Oregon beat LSU
    Hell yeah, that's the one I'm looking forward to. That and Boise St vs Georgia should be good. After what the LSU players did to that Marine, I can't wait to watch them get run over by Oregon!
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Have to say "GO Broncos!!" Just hope I can stay awake for the game.
    LSU beats the Ducks with their starting line up in jail.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    LSU beats the Ducks with their starting line up in jail.
    Yea Oregon couldnt hang on to the ball eben if it had a fn handle on it...How you doin, Mr Alaska? Rain comin down?
    I don't worry about mold on my cigars anymore. I'm worried about it growing on me. Louisiana feels like a wet sponge presently. I have to smoke cigars inside because outside you just suck in humidity. LOL