Home Cigar 101

Going to the Cigar store tomorrow...

Hey all, this is my first post here so i guess im gunna introduce my self. Ive been smoking cigars for about a year now and i know a small bit about them. I usually smoke medium to full bodied cigars such as the CAO Brazilia, and what not.

I plan to head over to the cigar shop tomorrow or the next day and pick up a few smokes. But im looking for something different so i can branch out a little bit. heres some of the cigars i've smoked recently and liked.
CAO Gold, Gold maduro, italia, america, brazilia, sopranos edition, and Romen y Julita reserva real. (as you can tell i like the CAO brand :D )

Comments

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Any man who appreciates the R&J Reserva Real is alright with me. Welcome, Ayron.

There are loads of cigars in that medium-full range. A few off the top of my head: Arturo Fuente Don Carlos and Hemingway, Padron 1926 (or pretty much any Padron), Onyx Reserve, Rocky Patel Vintage 1992, Montecristo Media Noche, H. Upmann, H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon, Padilla 1968, and any number of Gurkhas. The Partagas Black is a solid cigar. The 601 Black has gotten some rave reviews here, and is reportedly quite strong despite its Connecticut wrapper. Ashton VSG is a terrific cigar.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Ayron, and welcome. Even before I read your final statement I thought the very same thing.. I am a big Fuentes fan.. I like their "other labels" as well, like Bauza, Montesino, and Ashton. Big fan of Rocky Patel's Vintage cigars 1992, and 1990. Gran Habano 3 Siglos is a cigar that should be tried as well. I am becoming a fan of Sancho Panza, always enjoy Carlos Torano, and if you see the brand Avo pick one or two up. I like the classic and thanks to our friend Urbino, the Avo Domaine is quickly becoming my more favored in that line. Those R&J Reserva Real are a must keep in my humidor as well. I have a few with over a year on them and they call my name every time I open the humidor ! Enjoy your time here.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Welcome ayron, always good to have another brother of the leaf on board. the two above posts are solid advice. I just picked up a couple more R&J reserva real myself, also would throw out there if you can find the El Rey Del Mundo brand any of these are very good as well. welcome.

Don't know what your humidor situation is but definitly buy the biggest you can afford ......especially if your goin' to hang around here !!!

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Huh. There are more Reserva Real fans here than I knew.
  • AyronAyron Posts: 4
    I actually dont own a humidor haha. I usually just buy a stick or two at a time, but ive been looking for one. ebay seems to have a few large ones for pretty cheap. but yeah ill make a list of what ya'll said when i go tomorrow. keep them comming!
  • I sent you a PM, ayron. you can check it out in your inbox. The link is at the top-right of the page.
  • AyronAyron Posts: 4
    thanks, i got it. i wrote down all of the ones you suggested and i should be getting a humidor soon. thanks for all the suggestions!
    Ayron on the humi subject, not meaning to beat a dead horse, but multiply the number of sticks you think you'll have by about 25 or so. I thought when i started why would anyone need more room than for about 150 or so sticks........oh i was soooooo wrong. These guys make it especially easy to find great new smokes.
    Also I don't think you can go wrong with the ccom house blends sampler pack that can be ordered here as well.
  • I've been hooked on the Don Pepin Garcia Series JJ Maduro for the past few weeks.  Might want to try one of them or the blue series.  Not to mention Pepin's El Rey de los Habanos is another very good cigar.  As to everyone I'm new here also and would like to branch out so any ideas are awesome.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I like the JJ natural myself Peter. I haven't run across a Pepin cigar yet that I didn't like. Welcome to the forums.
  • j0z3r:
    I like the JJ natural myself Peter. I haven't run across a Pepin cigar yet that I didn't like. Welcome to the forums.

Thanks.  Did you try his Benchmade yet?  I just picked up a couple.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I have not even heard of it...now I'm gonna have to look into it. Let us know what you think of it when you smoke one, like everyone here, I'm always looking for the next best thing.