Home General Discussion

Heading to Atlanta this weekend.......

firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
For my first NASCAR race! Now, im not into cup racing like my buddy is, but I am looking forward to the experiance. I am packing 25 sticks for me and my buddy, luckly he is a BOTL also. 3 rounds of golf, the truck race, and the cup race...... should be a great time with some awesome sticks! Anyone else NASCAR fans?

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    not a big nascar guy, but I live in the area, and am an avid golfer. Where y'all playing?
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    He lives up in Peachtree city, and I dont know where we are playing. Ill ask him tomorrow and get back to you. Up for a herf this weekend?
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Absolutely!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I am a huge fan. Atlanta is a great track to see a race at. Try to get down by the fence one time as they go by and you will appreciate what this sport is about.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I'm a huge Nascar fan! I grew up just down the road from Bristol and my family has season tickets to Bristol. Went to my first non Bristol race this year. Atlanta is a great track, one of my favs to watch. Hope you guys have an awesome time!
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Man the track is like 15 mins from my house. If you like BBQ check out southern pit. Go south on 1941 from the track. It is hid down on the right. I got a busy weekend and there is nowhere to meet for a smoke otherwise it would be cool to meet up.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to atl buddy, hope u enjoy your trip. Sounds like you have a great weekend planned. Word of advice, don't say "hot lanta" while you're here. Might piss of an ATL native, LOL. You should check out Tobacco World while you're here. Biggest humi in GA.

"Long ashes my friends."

Having a great time so far. Hit the truck races last night and playing a TON of golf. Going to do the day at the races tomorrow and then a long plane ride home monday. Krieg, where would Tobacco world be?
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    Having a great time so far. Hit the truck races last night and playing a TON of golf. Going to do the day at the races tomorrow and then a long plane ride home monday. Krieg, where would Tobacco world be?
    Tobacco world is located off of 75 north. The hwy 5 exit, you will see a big billboard right before the exit. Take exit, turn right at the light will be sandy plains road, tw is in the first shopping center ( first right when u turn on to sandy plains)

"Long ashes my friends."

6 hours away from the start of the race and they are saying 60 to 80% chance of rain. I hope they are wrong. Been a great trip with lots of golf, beer, and geat sticks. Bout time for a horseradish bloody marry.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    6 hours away from the start of the race and they are saying 60 to 80% chance of rain. I hope they are wrong. Been a great trip with lots of golf, beer, and geat sticks. Bout time for a horseradish bloody marry.
    WOW, hadnt heard of that one, worcestshire yes, but Horseradish,,Hmmmm,, Sounds like you are having a great time, Did you make it to the Cheetah Club?, You may see Kriegs picture on the wall there under esteemed members..lol Hope the rain holds off,,have fun!!
    Sitting in the rain at the track. Can anyone say "aint no frickin way this thing is running"
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    Sitting in the rain at the track. Can anyone say "aint no frickin way this thing is running"
    It ain't happening today!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
    They are trying to dry the track at 100% humidity
    No go, maybe next year :(
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Just saw this so maybe Im a little late, but you should check out this steak house called "chops" Very cool. There is a private club/ lounge in the basement that someone invited me to once. You take an elevator downstairs and they lead you through the kitchen to a door that looks like an old speak easy door where you have to knock or use a thumb print pad. When you get in, there is a private bar, seating, live jazz and all cigar friendly. It was like stepping back in time. Not sure if you can get a day pass or how it works for membership, but it was one of the coolest spots I have smoked in. On a side note, the steaks were great.
    Alex Svenson:
    Just saw this so maybe Im a little late, but you should check out this steak house called "chops" Very cool. There is a private club/ lounge in the basement that someone invited me to once. You take an elevator downstairs and they lead you through the kitchen to a door that looks like an old speak easy door where you have to knock or use a thumb print pad. When you get in, there is a private bar, seating, live jazz and all cigar friendly. It was like stepping back in time. Not sure if you can get a day pass or how it works for membership, but it was one of the coolest spots I have smoked in. On a side note, the steaks were great.
    Thanks Alex, sounds like a must try for next year!