Home Cigar 101

Cuban Cohiba

greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
I was lucky enough to come across 10 Cuban Cohibas. I am dying to smoke one but wouldn't it be best to keep them in the humi for a period of time. I read on here all of the time about cigars getting better with some humi time. Thanks.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Do you know what year they are? Can you post a picture? To answer your question with something other than a question, yes, you probably should put them down for a bit. I'd say 3-4 weeks and try one out, see how it is.
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Do you know what year they are? Can you post a picture? To answer your question with something other than a question, yes, you probably should put them down for a bit. I'd say 3-4 weeks and try one out, see how it is.
    I have a picture to post, but I don't know how to add the picture. Can you walk me through how to do it? Thanks.
    Basically, you can sign up for an account at Photobucket.com and upload your pictures there. After you do that, they will provide you with links to the photo which you can post here, look for the one that has img in brackets.
  • if you cant figure it out email me the pictures and I'll take care of it for you bro. PM me for my address
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    It all depends on the age the cigars already have, plus what year they were born in...
    j0z3r:
    Here is the picture: image
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Makes my mouth water just looking at the photo.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Bands look correct. Can't see the caps in the pic though. Are they triple caps?
    docbp87:
    Bands look correct. Can't see the caps in the pic though. Are they triple caps?
    My eyes aren't so great, butit looks like three.
    I don't doubt their authenticity based on the pics, the bands look correct and I do believe I see at triple cap. Of course, the taste will be the determining factor, so rest them w bit and fire one up, even a young cigar should smoke well and taste good, they just won't be at the point that 3-5 years would put them at.
    j0z3r:
    I don't doubt their authenticity based on the pics, the bands look correct and I do believe I see at triple cap. Of course, the taste will be the determining factor, so rest them w bit and fire one up, even a young cigar should smoke well and taste good, they just won't be at the point that 3-5 years would put them at.
    Thanks for the help guys.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    It depends on where you got them from, the font boldness on "Habana, Cuba" just seems thick to me...
    I'm not trying to scare you for the white squares seem good, the gold embossing seems good, the spacing seems legit and the color seems good
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Lay them down as long as you can, forget about them, your patience will reward you in spades...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet, I know the temptation is great. I hot a couple Monte Cristos that I can't touch till Christmas.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    The oldest Cubans in My humi just hit 10 years, and they are FANFREIKENTASTIC!! I have to agree that the more time, the better. Cuban cigars are not often made with 'aged' tobacco, so they take longer to reach their peak...3 to 5 years is a good 'start', double that and they are great, double that again and you have a real experience. Enjoy 1 in a couple months, and then leave the rest as long as you can.