Home Cigar 101

You Tell Me......

greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
I started off the evening with an Ashton ESG. Great smoke. I am surprised more BORKS don't have this cigar on their wish lists. Anyway, I then went to a Ccom Purple Label. This is a great smoke for under 2 bux. My question is: What, in your opinion, is the best cigar under $3? Not $3.01. Not only was the flavor good but check out this burn. image

Comments

• KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Gran Habano Vintage 2002 Robusto
    Maybe not the best $3.00, but one of the best at $2.00 for sure imho
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    +1
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the GHV 2002
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    KingoftheCove:
    +2
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I also really liked the gh 3 siglos. The azteca fuertes are good as well. GH makes some damn fine cheap cigars.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • GH 2002
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Joya de Nicaragua Fuerte is a good cheap stick also.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Well, given that the Diesel UHC is available for 3 bucks a stick sometimes, most definitely that.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    docbp87:
    Well, given that the Diesel UHC is available for 3 bucks a stick sometimes, most definitely that.
    +1 to the UHC doc.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    boydmcgowan:
    docbp87:
    +1 to the UHC doc.
    +2.....(but that's only based on what I hear, and on another Diesel vitola I smoked).......BUT....thanks to Ramp_Monkey, I'll be smoking my first UHC in about 3 hours......can't wait
    <br.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    MOW Armada . . . if we're counting the ol' five finger discount. If not, 5 Vegas Classic, I suppose
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Ccom Sungrown Torp.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Tried the Fonseca Arana, they are right up there too. The problem is that when you start talking 3 bucks a shot you can often find some really good sticks on sale at that price for a box, which I prefer.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    My favorite cheapies are the Diesel Unlimited torpedo, Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte Madrid, Sancho Panza Double Maduro Quixote, Cuba Libre Epicure, and GH 2002 Robusto. There's probably a couple more that I can't think of, but those are the five I have kept around on a consistent basis.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Gran Habano Azteca's are really good too in the robusto size
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    So, I have this awesome spreadsheet. {:-) First, I filtered by price for $3 or less. Then I sorted by rating and here are my top three:

1) Gran Habano, 3 SLS, 6x54 - $2.07
    2) Padilla, Cazadores, 7x48 - $3.00
    3) Joya De Nicaragua, Antano, Dark Corojo, 5.5x54 - $3.00

I'm noticing a trend favoring Grand Habano cigars. Sounds like we've found a go-to brand for low cost but good taste.

JDE

• greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    There is alot of great information here to digest. I am definitley ordering some Gran Habano's to try. Thanks fellas
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Purple Label is tough to beat for a mild. For something with more kick, I'd have to vote CCom Brazilian Label.

• JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    The Sniper:
    Purple Label is tough to beat for a mild. For something with more kick, I'd have to vote CCom Brazilian Label.

Nailed it. Bought a box of each of these when I first started up. Still great smokes to come back to, even when my tastes have changed somewhat. Interesting that many seem to agree on the Gran Habano's. I just may have to put in an order for some of those.