Home Non Cigar Related

So my store is a no go.

Well found out today that my idea for a cigarshop/microbrew pub is a no go. Turns out the an Englishman is opening a brewpub in one of the spaces I was looking at. He started buildout Friday. My investors don't think Griffin is big enough for two brew pubs and they are right. It was a fun ride just not the right time. I will pick this up again in a few years. Just wasnt the time. This way I should have more time to spend with my new son and I know something great is going to happen real soon.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Man sorry bro.
    Best of luck getting this up again.

• wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Very sorry to hear this my friend:(
  • Bummer but, keep contact with your investors and keep your ear to the ground. You never know when good fortune will kick you in the ass and tell you now is the time
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear man, but it sounds like you have the right attitude and approach - separate heart from head when it comes to business. I'm sure another opportunity will arise again down the road.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Sorry to hear that. Good to see you have a good attitude about everything, though. Enjoy the extra time with your newly expanded family. The time will come.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Timing is very important. Now you have more time to perfect your business model
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer. In KC we have Outlaw North in north Kansas City, Missouri and Outlaw South in Overland Park, Kansas. Not to mention the other 10 B&M's. Kansas City is so spread out and covers 5 counties. I live out east and we have a pretty good B&M but I want to have something like Outlaw out here. There is an empty building that used to be Golden Corral for sale and man I would love to buy it to open something nice out here. Just don't have the funds or backing to do it. The building is big and it would be the best B&M out east. Oh to have a dream.

Things happen for a reason brother. Maybe something better is coming your way.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Peachtree city needs one...... bad.
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    Heavy:
    Sorry to hear man, but it sounds like you have the right attitude and approach - separate heart from head when it comes to business. I'm sure another opportunity will arise again down the road.
    +1 to that. Sounds like you'll be successful whenever the right time does come.

JDE

• Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep your eyes and ears open. Another time, another place. Look at surrounding areas where it will work.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Ross. I know I wasn't the only one looking forward to having a cigar in your place. Maybe some day!

"Long ashes my friends."

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What. Shame. I wish my area had a cigar/lounge
  • Heavy:
    Big +1
    you have the right attitude stay positive man
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Bummer bro . I would love to have a upscale steak house with a cigar lounge in the bottom looking out on a river . The building I just described exists it has a antique/flea market in it now. But thats cool , they can keep my building up until I hit the lottery and can afford to do it !!!
  • Damnation! Sorry to hear things didn't work out in Griffin.

I'll admit though that I'm selfishly happy that location is open for debate, meaning that some day the Rest and Be Thankful may be in Atlanta.

Things will work out when they're right. If they haven't worked out: It isn't right.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    As soon as you get one up let us know. I'm sure you'll receive a lot of business.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That really sucks man! Sorry to hear this but it sounds like you are being completely positive about it which is great! It'll all work out the way it's supposed to
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    In the meantime, maybe go to work for the Englishman? If you don't have experience in the field (don't know your background) it would be a great way to learn on someone else's dime/time.